Need information - please

KDS95AB

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to apply for I-130 for my parents and my sister based on my citizenship.

My parents have a 10 year multiple entry visitor visa at present (issued 4 years ago), and they are in India now.

Can they still come to USA on visitor visa after I send the I-130?

My sister's son is planning to apply for student's visa after 2 years. Will his student's visa application be denied if his mother (my sister) has a pending immigration (I-130) application; because he is considered a derivative on my sister's application?

(I am concerned because, to my knowledge, the embassy always asks the person applying for a visa, if they have a pending immigration application; and if they say yes they deny the visa application)

Please reply
Thanks in advance

KDS95AB said:
I am planning to apply for I-130 for my parents and my sister based on my citizenship.

My parents have a 10 year multiple entry visitor visa at present (issued 4 years ago), and they are in India now.

Can they still come to USA on visitor visa after I send the I-130?

My sister's son is planning to apply for student's visa after 2 years. Will his student's visa application be denied if his mother (my sister) has a pending immigration (I-130) application; because he is considered a derivative on my sister's application?

(I am concerned because, to my knowledge, the embassy always asks the person applying for a visa, if they have a pending immigration application; and if they say yes they deny the visa application)

Please reply
Thanks in advance

I got a tourist visa even when I have a petition in 1994. I just visited and went back to my home country..then were processed for my GC...
Hope this helps..

Since they already have a visa, they will not be applying for one, and so, cannot be denied. I don't think anything happens to their existing visa.

But, I'm not a lawyer, and I don't know what the law says about this - nor what procedurally happens.

-Ocelot

i wonder if the OP's parents travel to US with their current unexpired visa, would the POE immigration officer be able to see they have immigrant-petition pending from their PC?