Need info.. wants to bring parents. Please help.

umyal

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,

Can anyone please explain in detail as what I would need to provide to my parents to get a visitors visa? I have 140 approved and EAD/AP received. Does it make any difference?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Umya

Employment Letter
Affidavit of Support
Bank Statements
Letter of Invitation
Payslips etc.
Copy of I94
Copy of Passport Pages..
Lot of Luck.. :)

[Not sure if I'm missed something..]

[Heard of late, 2 passport size photo of the the person, inviting parents to be included]

Thanks guys.. another question.

I got the form I - 134 from immihelp.com. It asks about the dependent information and whether I have submitted affidavits for dependents (in my case my wife and son) and whether I have filed immigrant visa petitions for them.

Since I have EAD/AP now, and for my wife as well and AP for my son, I remember filling in this form while filing 485. So should I say 'YES' to the question?

Please respond.

Thanks for all your help.

Umya

Yes, You have to say yes to that if you have submitted affidavit of support for dependents. They ask this to check the Financial ability to support the visitors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might Needed with other document

VijayRC,

From the list

Missing
Copy of H1-B Approval if you are on H1-B Status.

Just confirmed...

dont forget all pages of passport

That is important. even the blank pages. if you are on h1B then thats better (i think) than copies of your 140/485. i read on this forum that if you are only an adjustee, the visitor visa to parents wasnt given because apparently AOS wasnt proof enough (dont know how many cases this happened). If you are only an adjustee, then do the best with what you have. also might want to include plan of tourism in invitation letter and say in the affidavit that you will take care of all expenses like food, travel, lodging etc while they are here.
Good luck.

I was na adjusteed and initial visa was denied for parents

But,
Later I re submitted all my documents alsongwith a letter from my lawyer explaining my status etc,Then the parent's visa were approved