Need info. on obtaining Pakistani Visa for my family....

barry4me

Registered Users (C)
Some background on me. I am a US Citizen, born in Pakistan. My husband, US born national (not of Pakistani origin) and our daughter born in the US. We all hold US passports. We need to visit Pakistan next year for my brother's wedding.

Long story short, I don't have my Pakistani ID or NICOP and I have an expired Pakistani passport (expired 2006). The only way I can see us going to Pakistan is with a visa on our US passports. Unless there is some other option that I don't know about...anyway,

According to the Consulate General of Pakistan website in NY, we need the following documents to apply for a visa.

Issuance of Pakistani Visa
•Valid Passport with photocopy (must be valid at least for 06 months from traveling date)
•Complete Visa Form
•02 Photographs
•Notarized copy of proof of legal resident status in USA (alien registeration card/Driving license or any utility bill copy)
•Invitation letter from Pakistan and provide Pakistani ID or Passport photo copy
•Proof of residence in the relevant consular jurisdiction
•Visa fee for US passport is $ 120.00. For other countries please find the FEE. The Fee is payable in the form of Money Order or Cashiers Checks to Consulate General of Pakistan New York. Cash and Personal checks are NOT acceptable.

•For American National , Invitation letter from Pakistani person with Pakistani ID / Passport copy.
Important Note:- 5 year multiple entry visas will be issued to US citizens of Pakistan origin on production of previous Pakistani passport or CNIC/NICOP. For children born in the US, please attach notarized copy of Birth Certificate and Father/Mother's Pakistani passport or CNIC/NICOP

My issue is, what do they mean by:

•Notarized copy of proof of legal resident status in USA (alien registeration card/Driving license or any utility bill copy)- Should I just make photcopy of our drivers license and have it notorized? I've never heard of that!
•Invitation letter from Pakistan and provide Pakistani ID or Passport photo copy- I'm assuming I can use the wedding invitation for this?
•Proof of residence in the relevant consular jurisdiction - what does this mean??!!
•For American National , Invitation letter from Pakistani person with Pakistani ID / Passport copy. - Could just a letter from my brother saying that we are visiting for his wedding suffice?

Also, what do they mean by Family Visa?

Thanks in advance!

First bullet, send them notarised copies of your US passport and any bill which shows you actually live in the US.
Second bullet, the wedding invite will suffice.
Third bullet, each Pakistani consulate in the US has jurisdiction over certain states. They want to make sure you live in a state that they cover. Copy of utility bill will suffice.
Fourth bullet, yes such a letter will suffice.

My issue is, what do they mean by:

•Notarized copy of proof of legal resident status in USA (alien registeration card/Driving license or any utility bill copy)- Should I just make photcopy of our drivers license and have it notorized? I've never heard of that!
•Invitation letter from Pakistan and provide Pakistani ID or Passport photo copy- I'm assuming I can use the wedding invitation for this?
•Proof of residence in the relevant consular jurisdiction - what does this mean??!!
•For American National , Invitation letter from Pakistani person with Pakistani ID / Passport copy. - Could just a letter from my brother saying that we are visiting for his wedding suffice?

Also, what do they mean by Family Visa?

Thanks in advance!