Need help

GCLOVER007

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,
Recenlty a car dealer cheated me when I got a used car from him. He sold me a car which had been in accident and sold me by hiding it. Now I came to know that I can file a case against him. My question is, In anyway If I file a case against this dealer will affect my I140/485 process?

-THanks in Advance
-GCLOVER

NSC EB3
I140/485/AP/EAD : RD:12/21/2004, ND 12/22/2004
EAD/AP AD 03/29/2005, FP1:03/05/05, FP2 04/23/05
I140 ?? (LUD : 03/29, 03/30, 03/31)
I485 ?? (LUD : 03/29, 03/30, 03/31, 04/24, 04/25, 04/26)

GCLOVER,

This is has nothing to do with ur GC since you are gonna file a case against him. Also this is not a crime and you have to fight for it. Talk to him and ask him for good discount before you file a case.

GCLOVER007,

Feel sorry to learn about your experience. However, as per US Census, in general the immigrants & would-be immigrants are more educated, more wealthy and difficult to dupe. Surprised that for used car shopping you didnt take help of carfax.com where you get much more details thru the unique VIN (Vehicle Identification Number). Well, seems the good looks of the vehicle pulled you in, 007.

You now plan to spend more time in the litigation, please check the fine print of the State's fair dealer practise policy, it shouldnt be based on the fact that 'Ask Me No Question, I Will Tell No Lies'. where you may find another setback since you didnt ask and he is in the right business not to tell. As july140 suggests, talk to the dealer and get compensation, else within a timeframe permitted just return the vehicle.

Well, coming to the main question, I think 140/485 processing may be based on the outcome of how you handle this situation. If you win, NSC would not like to mess around with you, but if you are at a loss, NSC enjoys playing a ball.

Good luck.

DIGS
EB3, India

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your inputs

Actually before buying the vehicle I have checked the carfax. Actually the dealer didn't report to DMV for that big accident and they fixed it by themselves. So they cheated DMV too. Also Before buying the car I checked the car for pre-purchase check-up, but unfortunately the dealer who checked the car also cheater me by certifing it as a great car with no problems. Dealer who sold the car and the dealer who checked it cheated me.
After talking to Attorney General Office, they suggested me to file a case against both the dealers. Thats why I raised the question.
Anyway I will proceed with the case and I hope I have all the possiblities to win the case. Wish me luck for this.

Thanks
GCLover

GCLOVER007,

Feel all the more sorry for what you have gone through. BTW, is there a record which proves that the vehicle was involved in a major accident before your buying.

Secondly, filing case against the other dealer, you would need to have the written terms of contract wherein it includes sharing knowledge for prior defects. This second case would lose merit if, 1) the vehicle is certified good for the price on as is basis and 2) diagnosis is subjective and dealer may indicate his lack of expertise in that particular area. Just to mention, a weak case would encourage him to counter-file case for defamation.

I presume that losing your bearing on your car has no bearing on your GC processing.

Good luck.

DIGS
EB3, India

How did you come to know the car was involved in an accident, and what was the accident category i.e. Total or partial damage.

Proof

Thanks Digs for the insight,
Actually I have a proof that I got it from another dealer who checked it and gave a letter with all information about the accident and the parts that replaced while repairing. While vehicle is checked for the first time they said this car is under manufacture warranty and has no problems with the car. Also they mentioned that this car is worth for the kbb price with Excellent condition.
Now I got the proof that this car had been in an accident. But the title is neither salvaged nor totalled.

We will see how things will move.

Thanks again
GCLover

Dealer in violation?

I think the dealer is in violation of the law. If a damage exceeds X amount (I think its $4000 in IL, check your state), they must report it to DMV, othwerwise it is a crime.

Unless of course the dealership bought it from X person who had the accident, fixed it and sold it to dealership. Do you have proof that the dealer knew about the accident? Because he could have been as innocent as you are when he bought the car from X.

Just make sure you have gathered all the facts and that your case is strong before pursuing legal means, as it can be another blow to you if the case is weak. (You might want to look into small claims court to claim that this car is worth only XX amount and you want $3,000 back etc)

Please bear in my mind that these comments are merely my 2 cents on this topic.

99% of dealers are crooks

Here is my story to share with you all:

I bought a car for $6000 and 2 months later had an accident with about $4000 damage. The car runs and drives good, it was only body damage. Sold it to the dealer for $1000. 2 weeks later, saw the car at the dealership for $5500 and it was written on the windshield "Runs good, never been in any accident". :)

Here is another one..

Few years back bought a 1999 E-320 mercedes for $26,000. A year later, I took it to a dealership to see how much to trade in for new honda Accord. He goes in and comes back after seeing his finance manager and says...we have a deal for you...we will buy your mercedes for $8000.

I walked out while he was still talking..... :)

Thanks SrikanthSiva

THanks for the information.
Actually I dont have any information about where and when the accident happen. Its not in Carfax and only the check up guy found and gave me a report for the accident. He even can't tell when it happend. But I guess the accident costs more than $5000. i am not sure what is the law in connecticut for this. I requested accident information to local police authority for this. I will get to know soon.

THanks
GCLover

If you get in the clutches of DEALERS used car they will rob you and rub you real good.
They are the same in any country.

Thanks Guys

Thanks for all the inputs from you guys,
The dealer whom I got the car called me and asked me to return the car. He accepted to give back the money which I paid for the car. He already issued a check for the loan and waiting for the title and pay the remaining balance on the car to me.
I am going to stop all the case preparation against the dealer.

Thanks again for all your help.

-GCLover

Congrats GCLOVER007,

That's a better ending. I'm sure the same dealer is scared to show you another great deal.

Happy shopping & driving.

DIGS
EB3, India