Need Help... What is the Meaning of I-485 Message?

It is not necessary to have an attorney change your address. You can
fill form AR-11 (search on uscis.gov), mail it certified and also CALL USCIS
and change address for each pending petition.

mygc1012 said:
Sanju,

It is important that you have your attorney change your address on your this I485 application.

You have to ask them to change their address on each of your pending applications. Just changing on one application will not serve the purpose of changing it on all applications.

I had my I140 approved. I had same problem in receiving the RFE. I received RFE notice after 2.5 months.

Based on your latest status message, I guess they had sent the notice. But make sure they have the right adresses about you and your lawyer's office.

I think they will only send it to your lawyer's office.

Again I am not an expert on this. Thsi is just based on my experience.

But in case the attorney has changed their address, I think they have to file the approriate forms to have their address updated.

Sanju,

I think this might interest you. Today, my case has been transferred to local office in NY and no mention of what happened to RFE!!

HI mygc1012,

Hope you get ur approval soon. I don't know what addional work this local office have to do ?

I was thinking on my I-140 case, A Officer worked on my case for 4-5 days between Oct 12 - 18, every day LUD change. But he did not approve my case... whereas in many concurrent case thy approve I-140 before I-485...
This is really bad luck of me... I am very much frustrated... I am leaving every thing in hand on sai's feet....hope someday it will come...

Best luck mygc1012....

swordfish said:
Hi Forum,

Can anybody please let me know what is the meaning of the below mentioned message from USCIS.

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status Current Status:
On November 18, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Thanks in advance,

Swordfish

I got the same message on NOV 16, 2004. On Nov 20 2004, I got a letter from USCIS confirming a address change and asking me to file the AR 11 form (if haven't applied in last 1 week). Now I have already sent my AR 11 form like a month back and already got the confirmation receipt back, confirming that the AR 11 form has been deleiverd to USCIS office.

Do I have to send that for once again? (just to be on the safer side)
How do I make sure that they don't want me to send it again?
I ttried calling their office and I got the same message "your records cannot be found due to some system problems". Pls. advice

to sanju_y678, GeGe, vsc_babu

This is my situation ,

I got the same message as you guys :

Current Status:

On November 23, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your
case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call
customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

But the things is I have done the follwing

. I have not made any queries but couple of things happened , I changed my Home address and had called the INS to change it - But this I had done 3 weeks ago. Secondly , the receipt notice for my wife’s EAD and AP was not received by the lawyer and I was not sure if he had called them .

I am done with my FP and not RFE on 140 . 140 approved . I am not sure as to why I get this ?

Is this a RFE on 485 ?. When would the status change back to normal one.

Thanks