Need Help... What is the Meaning of I-485 Message?

swordfish

Registered Users (C)
Hi Forum,

Can anybody please let me know what is the meaning of the below mentioned message from USCIS.

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status Current Status:
On November 18, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Thanks in advance,

Swordfish

swordfish said:
Hi Forum,

Can anybody please let me know what is the meaning of the below mentioned message from USCIS.

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status Current Status:
On November 18, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Thanks in advance,

Swordfish
Usually, you get this message if you do an address change.

Did you do Status Inquiry ?

I did Status Inquiry upon which this is exactly what happened to me too.

2 other side effects for me :

1) No Status Inquiry response has been sent to me by mail.

2) A telephone enquiry ( National Customer Service # ) against my EAC #
results in a response saying..."we are sorry...due to temporary system
problems..we cannot access your record....blah blah.."

Same here.I too got the same message. My RD is 11/21/02. Not yet received any letter from INS so far.

Have you also encountered missing record in the phone system ?

DKMar,
Have you also tried 1-800-375-5283 ....
followed by the choices 1 - 2 - 6 - 1 - then enter EAC #
and followed by hearing ...

"sorry...due to a temporary system problem, your record cannot
be accessed...blah blah " ?

The temporary system problem has been permanent for the
last 10 days for me.

Yes Sumanta I got the same message on the phone. But when I checked the online status check on website it gave me the same message as mentioned by swordfish. I am just waiting for thier letter and my 30 days will be over by Dec11th before I can inquire further.

You may not get to inquire at all

Lets say after 30 days or even more...you still hear the same message.
How will you inquire ?

The phone system is not even allowing to talk to a cust serv rep for purposes
of enquiry.

Its a dead end.

Sumanta,

Take option for 'change of address' and representative will come on line to help you out. Explain him that my intention is different and can you help me out to find out whatever your question is...!! He/She will help you out. It worked for me..!!

Good luck

HI Guys,

I am also in same boat.. On 12 Oct, I recd same message on my I-485. My lawyer initiated inquiry. But as yet we never recd any letter from USICS.
I get same message on telephone as you guys...

What are your opinion about ths ? Shall I call them and ask about ths ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sanju,

I am in same boat as you. I have seen an RFE on 08/16 and never receibed the RFE till today. My lawyer's office tried very hard to get the notice, but without success.

How do you know that your name check was done? I have last updates some time in September and now on 11/10 and 11/11.

Donot know what happened to my RFE.

Sanju,

Has your attorney's address changed since you lodged your I485? Have you not received your RFE notice yet?

In my case, my attorney's address changed. My ND is 06/03, June 2003.

I had my attorney send letters requesting for the notice. But since past 2.5 months they have not received anything.

With the last message change, I hope they had sent your notice. Good Lcuk!!

Its not an RFE

I have seen that message coming twice and have not received any RFE, it
just happened yesterday and system changed to On Novemer 19, we....

I responded to real RFE 3 months ago and after that I did my FP2, received
3rd EAD/AP and seen this message with different dates.

Also by calling 1-800-375-5283 .... followed by the choices 1 - 2 - 6 - 1 -
I get message, we cannot locate your case please call back at another time.

babu,

I have the message saying " on Aug 16 , we have sent you a notice requesting for evidence".

The last updated date is 11/10 and 11/11. Never received the RFE notice.

Hi mygc1012,

I fax to FBI about my name check, and got reply after 1 month. saying tht my name check was completed in Aug2003.

Yes my attorney office was shifted 2 months back from vermount to chicago , but I do not know did they change address or not.

Even in my case I did not receive any Rfe on I-485, this was 6 Jul . Message changed on 15 Sep saying that "We recd your finger printing..." then on 12 Oct and 14 Oct message changed to "We responded to your request..."

Is your I-140 Approved ?

Today I got reply from senator office saying that It will 60 days on my case to be approved..while 2 months back same thing was said my congresswoman...
So now I don't think I should beleive on senator and congresswoman...

call them and ask current status for this case. Since they are processing
June 2003 cases, they will launch any inquiry on the case.

mygc1012 said:
babu,

I have the message saying " on Aug 16 , we have sent you a notice requesting for evidence".

The last updated date is 11/10 and 11/11. Never received the RFE notice.

Sanju,

It is important that you have your attorney change your address on your this I485 application.

You have to ask them to change their address on each of your pending applications. Just changing on one application will not serve the purpose of changing it on all applications.

I had my I140 approved. I had same problem in receiving the RFE. I received RFE notice after 2.5 months.

Based on your latest status message, I guess they had sent the notice. But make sure they have the right adresses about you and your lawyer's office.

I think they will only send it to your lawyer's office.

Again I am not an expert on this. Thsi is just based on my experience.

Sanju,

While I was thinking about this, I realised, your I485 RFE was in July and you said your attorney changed address 2 months ago. I donot then think that the change of address is the reason for the delay.

Still there is a need for you to have addresses changed.