Need help! USC sponsored husband but..

My husband and I got married summer of 2017 and I had sponsored him. We welcomed a baby girl this summer and have not heard back from immigration. We are in the process of seeking another attorney as our current lawyer is not returning calls/ incompetent. We have now fallen on hard times as I lost my job due to having an older autistic child at home along with the baby and cannot return at the moment. I am hoping we are able to find a lawyer soon as we need to include our co-sponsor. We are now behind on rent and needing to apply for assistance. My question is, I know I am eligible for assistance along with the kids however since my husband is still working, will he need to apply as well? Once immigration schedules us for an interview, will that hurt his chances of getting his green card? I am not sure if I can apply without him on the application for public assistance as he is a member of the household but I am afraid it'll affect him.

Thank you!

Need more details..
What stage is your case/petition? I-130 approved? Where is the husband?
we filed in july 2017 & it was accepted but doesn't specify if it was approved. We are in the process of meeting with a legal aide to discuss options/ get more info on our case as our lawyer has not gotten back to us. My husband was seeking asylum before we got married and needed to dismiss that case as we had gotten married & I sponsored. From what I understand, our last court appearance in Oct 2018 was for the dismissal of removal proceeding he had. We are under the impression that the court will hand over his case to immigration and we are supposed to wait until USCIS contacts us. My husband is the only one working at the moment & is in the US

Get a hold of anyone in the lawyer's office/practice and ask for the status or case#, etc.

We are. My concern is whether or not if we file for public assistance (rental assistance because we are a month behind the rent) will it become an issue once/ if immigration contacts us. I am not sure if him applying and getting denied will hurt his case.