Need Help Plz....

swordfish

Registered Users (C)
Hi Forum,

I am scheduled for my first FP (Newark, NJ from VSC center) on 18th Feb. It was issued after 10 months.

Concurrent filing I131/I765/I140/I485
EB2 ~ EAC03-XXX-XXXXXX
MD--> 04/10/2003
RD--> 04/18/2003
ND--> 04/25/2003
EAD-->06/13/2003, 2nd EAD have to apply
AP-- > 06/13/2003, 2nd AP have to apply
FP---> 02/18/2004
I140-> ??/??/????
I485-> ??/??/????

Q1: Can they take my FP? FP document says that i should bring my passport but currently i don't have my passport with me since i applied for stamping and everybody knows that it's talking a lot of time.

Plz help me....

Swordfish

You can take any government issued ID as proof. In your case you can very well show your EAD card. In Boston they asked for EAD first, if they have not received it only they asked for the passport as an evidence.

Hope this helps.
mdu123

Usually they ask any photo identity card. In my case person taking FP did not ask for passport. I think Driver license should be fine.
If you have a copy of passport carry the copy. Tell them truth. There should not be any problem.

Hi Gurus !
I have following questions . Please discuss

(a) Where does the notice about FP go ?
(to attorneys or to my home address ? )

(b) My company disinclined to share the 140 case number . So is there any way to guess the 140 number based on 485 case no /EAD case no. I am tired of getting excited each time i see an approval .

Thanks
Mysunny007

ND 04/01/03
140 EB2
140 AD ???????????
FP ?????

Usually FP notice comes to your home address. Your attorney will also receive one.

There is no way you can find out your I140 case number unless your office shares it with you. If you have paid for the process you can get it from your cheque.

Good luck
mdu123

You can get your I140 details, even a copy of the receipt notice using Freedom of Information Act privlege. You need to ask INS for the information explaing the circumstances. My frien used this to get all the related documentation when he swiched his job, using AC21.

Originally posted by adyav
You can get your I140 details, even a copy of the receipt notice using Freedom of Information Act privlege. You need to ask INS for the information explaing the circumstances. My frien used this to get all the related documentation when he swiched his job, using AC21.

Freedom of Information act is usually used in the problematic /desperate cases. Do not use it unless there is no other way or if you have the problem with your employer

Thank guys for sharing your ideas on getting the receipt no of 140 . As of now , i do not think i have to rush towards using freedom of act in order to get 140 case no . I will sleep 3 more months waiting for my attorney to inform me that my 140 is approved . That is the plan .

Have a good day ,
Sunny