Need help on PP Stamping experiences(1-485)

greenapple

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Can you please share your stamping experience ? such as what type of documentatioin are needed for this procedures.

In my approval notice, these are the following items requested:
1) Passport
2) Form I-94
3) Departure/Arrival record
4) Two ADIT pictures( 3/4 frontal)

I am a bit confused about the picture format. I thought it was supposed to be the Passport type pictures. Besides that, I am not sure whether there is a need to bring in all the EADs and APs too.

In fact, I have appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning(09/09) at 8:00am through the InfoPass. Therefore, can you please reply me your comment/advices at your earliest convenience.

Thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,
GreenApple

Hey Green, I have infoPassed at 9/20. As far as I know, that is all we need to brings includes APs and EADs on top of I94s.

Could you please share you experience after you get it done tomorrow?

You need to take PP style photos and not ADIT style..., if your notice says ADIT style..., ignore it..., USCIS is accepting PP style photos only since Sep-01.
Latest I-94
EAD /AP if available...

you need:

1) Approval notice (courtesy is OK)
2) Passport
3) 2 Frontal view photos
4) All I-94
5) EADs
6) APs

In fact, I just had my passport stamped. The officer just took the approval notice (I gave him courtesy copy) and two photos, stamped my passport, and said congratulations to me. He didn't even mention I-94/EAD/AP till I asked him.

Good luck on your stamping!

whygc said:
HappyVoda, when did you do it? What kind of photos you brought with you ?

Starting Sep. 01, 2004 it is all Passport style photos. See the official USCIS annoucement at:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/04_08_02photo_release.pdf

Pretty sure, the recent USCIS annoucement superceds what is written in the approval notice. CIS still uses the old template for approval notice and is yet to catch up with there own change annoucements. Myself used passport style photos for my stamping on Aug.23, 2004.

whygc said:
HappyVoda, when did you do it? What kind of photos you brought with you ?

whygc - I did it this morning (in Milwaukee sub office). I gave the officer 2 Passport-style photos.

BTW, I used Infopass appointment. It was great - I don't need to wait on the walk-in line. Milwaukee has 4 windows, now only 1 opens to walk-in and other 3 open to the Infopass.

greenapple said:
In my approval notice, these are the following items requested:
1) Passport
2) Form I-94
3) Departure/Arrival record
4) Two ADIT pictures( 3/4 frontal)

I am a bit confused about the picture format. I thought it was supposed to be the Passport type pictures. Besides that, I am not sure whether there is a need to bring in all the EADs and APs too. .....

Approval notice (courtesy copy is fine), with Passport, I-94, and 2 numbers Passport Style photos should do. I-94 is the Departure/Arrival record. I have not seen it mentioned anywhere in this forum/ approval notice, but the officer at DesMoines, IA asked for the Driver's License as an ID and even photocopied it.

Based on what I saw in this forum (I did not I see it as required anywhere in the approval notice), I had all the old EADs and APs with me, but was not asked, neither did I vounteer to show it. Remember reading somewhere in the forum that the officers just toss it up to the trash bin!

What is courtesy copy ?

Hi All,

Many thanks for all your comments and instructions. The only thing I am not familar with is the courtesy copy. What is that about ? I have received the approval notice from INS strictly. Does the courtesy copy refer to a copy of my approval notice ? I don't think my company received anything from INS.

Yours Sincerely,
GreenApple

Happyvoda said:
whygc - I did it this morning (in Milwaukee sub office). I gave the officer 2 Passport-style photos.

BTW, I used Infopass appointment. It was great - I don't need to wait on the walk-in line. Milwaukee has 4 windows, now only 1 opens to walk-in and other 3 open to the Infopass.

Did you get email from Infopass? I did not.

Infopass or not?

Can we take infopass appt. for stamping even if the approval notice says you have to go on Wednesday etc?
fams

whygc said:
Did you get email from Infopass? I did not.
They don't send out confirmation email for Infopass appointment. You have to print out the appointment after you made it and take the printout with you to the local office. There're two number on the printout which you'll need if you want to cancel the appointment.

greenapple said:
Hi All,

Many thanks for all your comments and instructions. The only thing I am not familar with is the courtesy copy. What is that about ? I have received the approval notice from INS strictly. Does the courtesy copy refer to a copy of my approval notice ? I don't think my company received anything from INS.

Yours Sincerely,
GreenApple

you will receive the courtesy approval copy and the official approval notice will be sent to your lawer. Your lawer will then forward the official notice to you. You know, depends on how efficient your lawer is, you could get your official notice two or three weeks later. For me, I got approved on 8/30, received my courtesy notice on 9/2, had my passport stamped on 9/8, and I haven't got the official notice from my lawer.

Check the notice you received to see if "Courtesy" is mentioned in the notice.

fams said:
Can we take infopass appt. for stamping even if the approval notice says you have to go on Wednesday etc?
fams

My notice says that I can go get stamped on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Well, I made the Infopass appointment on Wed, 9/8, and the officer who stamped my passport didn't say anything about this.

Stamping in Detroit

I did stamping, Sept 8, 2004 in Detroit. I did not use InfoPass, just walk-in.

I was asked for the following:
1. Approval Notice
2. Passport
3. 2 passport size photos.
4. Driver License
5. All previous EADs and APs.

Officer also looked my last paystubs to be sure that I still work with the same company (thanks god I had the ones with me!).

My suggestion: take all documents with you, you never know what you mayl be asked for.

Good luck!

I had mine done today morning in Detroit, close to two months after approval.
I made an infopass appt and it was easy, no waiting in the lines
I submitted
courtesy copy
2 Passport pictures
All EADs and APs
I94

No other questions or documents were asked

I was told the it would take atleast a year for the card to come

my stamping experience

whygc said:
Hey Green, I have infoPassed at 9/20. As far as I know, that is all we need to brings includes APs and EADs on top of I94s.

Could you please share you experience after you get it done tomorrow?

Hi Whygc and all,

I made my appointment at the InfoPass website and printed out a copy of it.

On 09/09, I went in the local district office at about 8:05am. I got everything completed at about 8:20am. The official is pretty professional and polite. She explained to me that my stamp is only good for a year from today. The waiting for the actual card could be 6 months to a year. She recommended that I come to the office for updating address, asking any type of questions related the progress of the actual green card. She told me that I could use the stamp on my passport to travel now.

Basically, she only asked for the following items. She told me that I did not need to give her my EADs because they were not as important as APs. Don't know why but I don't bother to ask more. Just did what she asked for.

1) Two passport photos
2) Passport
3) I-94 form
4) All the travel document --- APs
5) The approval notice(mine is not the courtesy copy)

I handled them to her and she called me into a room for finger print. Then, she asked to wait in the lobby. A few mintues later, she returned my passport to me with a temp green card stamp on it. The stamp is only good for a year. I hope I can get the card soon. But who knows.......

That is my Passport stamping experience with the local immigration office here.