Need help: "New baby was born after Packet#3 is submitted to NVC."

jamesvs

Hi all,

Is there anyone who know what is the step to add the newborn child into the dependent list of my GC case. I am on EB-3. My newborn baby is not in USA. Please help me to clearify on this. I have already submitted the Packet#3 to the NVC and the Packet#3 has been farword to the Embassy already. I am waiting for the interview to be scheduled. My PD is on Jan 2002. The questions are:

- Is there anyway to do this?
- What form do I need to file at which step (before or after interview is scheduled)
- Who should I contact with?
- Can I do it by myself without using the lawyer? (I mean how complicat it is?)

Any help will be appreciate.

Thank you
JJ

JJ

Just send an email to consulate providing them the Baby's Name and Date of Birth. I was in a similar situation, I sent and email to consulate and I was asked to make a copy of the forms that came in P4 and fillin for my new born daughter. -sg

Reply to srinivasg

srinivasg

Thank you for your responding. I am very appreciate it. I sent an email to the consulate a week ago asking them the same question as I posted here. However I did not get any response from them yet. I think I should wait for them a little bit more time for replying. Hopefully they'll reply me something...

You mention about P4, did you add your daughter name to your list of dependent after you got the P4 (the interview date has been scheduled), didn't you?

And one last question I would like to ask you:

Did you file the CG processing by using the lawyer?

The reason I ask you about this because the whole proccess of my case has been filed by the lawyer. However I am thinking about to add my daughter name to my GC case by myself without using the lawyer since I would like to save some fee from the lawyer if it is not necessary to use the lawyer for this case. Also I just want to make sure that I don't need the lawyer for this stuff eventhough my whole case has been filed through the lawyer.

Thank you again for your advise...

jj

jamesvs said:
srinivasg

Thank you for your responding. I am very appreciate it. I sent an email to the consulate a week ago asking them the same question as I posted here. However I did not get any response from them yet. I think I should wait for them a little bit more time for replying. Hopefully they'll reply me something...

You mention about P4, did you add your daughter name to your list of dependent after you got the P4 (the interview date has been scheduled), didn't you?

[SG] Yes thats correct.

And one last question I would like to ask you:

Did you file the CG processing by using the lawyer?

[SG] yes the whole process was taken care by Laywer till P3 was sent to NVC. For adding my daughter's name I directly sent email to Counsulate with the details and here is the response I got from consulate:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Applicant,

Your 2005 born child's name has been added and your appointment is on 19-APR-2005 at 08:00 a.m.
The packet 4 forms has already been sent to you. Please take a copy of the form DS-230 Part I & II,
SSN Information and the medical form and do the needful for your new born child.

From,
Chennai, IV Unit.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The reason I ask you about this because the whole proccess of my case has been filled by the lawyer. However I am thinking about to add my daughter name to my GC case by myself without using the lawyer since I would like to save some fee from the lawyer if it is not necessary to use the lawyer for this case. Also I just want to make sure that I don't need the lawyer for this stuff eventhough my whole case has been filed through the lawyer.

Thank you again for your advise...

jj