Need Help: I need to revoke spouse's green card!

ben2009

Registered Users (C)
I'm a U.S. Citizen, Two years ago, I visited china, met my wife, fall in love and married.
I was a total fool! I loved her very much, and believed that she also love me. So I spend over $40,000 for the wedding, honeymoon, etc.

After I get back to us, I applied GC for her to come to the U.S. and also continue sent money to her to support her living.

This march, she was approved, and came to the U.S., in the beginning of sept(this month).
Just 15 days, She wanted to divorce! I'm heartbreaked and hurt badly. When I find out that she married me just for GC, I agreed to fill for divorce.
Our divorce paper is in progress.

She went back to china right after we sign the divorce paper. Because she asked for the lawyer's advice, and her immigration status wouldn't have any problem even she went back to China.

She look and act so innocent when I met her! Now, I just find out that everything in the past just a big lie. I'm hurt so badly, and she still want me to get the GC for her and sent to her.

I need to know, how can I cancel/revoke her conditional green card?

Thanks!!!

I'm a U.S. Citizen, Two years ago, I visited china, met my wife, fall in love and married.
I was a total fool! I loved her very much, and believed that she also love me. So I spend over $40,000 for the wedding, honeymoon, etc.

After I get back to us, I applied GC for her to come to the U.S. and also continue sent money to her to support her living.

This march, she was approved, and came to the U.S., in the beginning of sept(this month).
Just 15 days, She wanted to divorce! I'm heartbreaked and hurt badly. When I find out that she married me just for GC, I agreed to fill for divorce.
Our divorce paper is in progress.

She went back to china right after we sign the divorce paper. Because she asked for the lawyer's advice, and her immigration status wouldn't have any problem even she went back to China.

She look and act so innocent when I met her! Now, I just find out that everything in the past just a big lie. I'm hurt so badly, and she still want me to get the GC for her and sent to her.

I need to know, how can I cancel/revoke her conditional green card?

Thanks!!!

Don’t worry. Most probably she will lose it.

You can't revoke it. But it expires in 2 years and she'll have problems getting the 10-year card, given that she divorced so quickly. Also, by going back to live in China she will lose the card (if she spends more than a year outside the US without a reentry permit).

And don't send the GC to her. Send it back to USCIS, explaining that she is no longer married and does not live with you any more. USCIS probably won't cancel it just like that, but the card isn't legally yours, so you shouldn't keep it, and she doesn't deserve to get it either, and she doesn't live at your address so it should be returned to the sender.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that to take a revenge to revoke her GC would't make a difference. But the bad things that she said behind my back hurts me very very badly.

In our two year marriage, I spend around $60,000 Dollars. In returned, a bunch of lies and heartbreaks.

1)When I go back to U.S., I give her $5000, and continue sending her $1000 every two month, that's $500 each month. She live with her parents, and she don't have any big expense. I'd an appartment in china, but she don't want to live there along.

Behind my back, she tell others, that I'm a cheap person, I didn't send any money for her living support, only send $200 on her birthday.

2)When I lived with her in china, I cooked for her, taked her out, and even brought breakfast back home for her to ate. She never do any housework! She only wash her own laundry. (P.S. She don't have any job. )

Behind my back, she said: I'm not a man, a cheap person, and treated her bad.

3)In this august, She planned to come to U.S. in the final date of her Visa. Her parents ask me to go to china to pick her up. Right the way, I spent $900 airfare for her, and $1500 airfare for myself to pick her up. Because of this, I lost my Job.
I didn't want to hurt her feeling that I lost my job because of her, so I only tell her that I lost my job, and I'm going to find new job, don't worry about it.

After she find out that I lost my Job, she change totally! ten days later, I find out from my friend that she said alot of bad things about me behind my back. She blamed me for not having a job, etc.
And finally, I find out that the reason that she married me is because that I'm a US Citizen.

I can't believe it: how can a 24 years old girl be so evil and cruel?! Two years ago she is only 22!

You were married for 2 years? That means her card probably is a 10-year card, and there is nothing you can do about it now. Is it a 10-year card?

Oh, man, if you lived with her and she did nothing plus you put lots of money into her... Well... How in world such person can become a good wife? Or she was great in sex, so you close eyes on all other "alarm bells"? You are paying for own stupidity, I'm sorry. Good luck trying to do something, but the best you CAN do is just forget about her and start life over. If she's like that she'll need someone else to support her financially anyway, so... Eventually she'll be paid back for all that.

I know that to take a revenge to revoke her GC would't make a difference. But the bad things that she said behind my back hurts me very very badly.

In our two year marriage, I spend around $60,000 Dollars. In returned, a bunch of lies and heartbreaks.

1)When I go back to U.S., I give her $5000, and continue sending her $1000 every two month, that's $500 each month. She live with her parents, and she don't have any big expense. I'd an appartment in china, but she don't want to live there along.

Behind my back, she tell others, that I'm a cheap person, I didn't send any money for her living support, only send $200 on her birthday.

2)When I lived with her in china, I cooked for her, taked her out, and even brought breakfast back home for her to ate. She never do any housework! She only wash her own laundry. (P.S. She don't have any job. )

Behind my back, she said: I'm not a man, a cheap person, and treated her bad.

3)In this august, She planned to come to U.S. in the final date of her Visa. Her parents ask me to go to china to pick her up. Right the way, I spent $900 airfare for her, and $1500 airfare for myself to pick her up. Because of this, I lost my Job.
I didn't want to hurt her feeling that I lost my job because of her, so I only tell her that I lost my job, and I'm going to find new job, don't worry about it.

After she find out that I lost my Job, she change totally! ten days later, I find out from my friend that she said alot of bad things about me behind my back. She blamed me for not having a job, etc.
And finally, I find out that the reason that she married me is because that I'm a US Citizen.

I can't believe it: how can a 24 years old girl be so evil and cruel?! Two years ago she is only 22!

If you married for 2 years she may be able to prove it’s a good faith marriage and may get her 10 year card

Receive the green card and then put it in an envelope with the information, don't open the envelope it is in because it is not addressed to you and send it back to USCIS. She will then have to explain to them why she was not at the address anymore to get it and that should be enough. Alternatively if it never shows up are your address she will have to file all the paperwork in order to try and get it and hence might have issues etc so either way she is making it difficult on herself and so just either send it back or if it never comes don't worry about it

If she is as bad as you say your better without her, live and learn from the experience and get on with enjoying your life.

Thanks alot!

P.S. I'm 30s, not that old. I'm just to foolish to believe that she is innocent and nice.

No worry

Yeah, great that you haven't married for 2 years.
Like most of other people here have said... don't open anything sent to her from the USCIS. Wrote a letter to USCIS about your marriage (that you'll get divorce soon & she's no longer living with you) then, send it along in one envelope with the unopened mail that USCIS sent to her.
My bet is: as soon as she realizes that her GC is not the 10 years one, she'll changed 180 degree to you and can be as sweet as a caramel candy.. My suggestion is: when this happen, don't let her fool you for the thousands time. Tell her to go out of your life and never expect anything from you.
Don't treat her as an ex-wife, coz clearly.. she never thinks that she married you for real. It's just for the paper..

As hurt as it sounds.. it's just for the Green Card!! Remember that.
About the GC thingy.. for sure she won't get it.. don't worry about that.

She is getting a conditional 2 year GC.

Like most of other people here have said... don't open anything sent to her from the USCIS. Wrote a letter to USCIS about your marriage (that you'll get divorce soon & she's no longer living with you) then, send it along in one envelope with the unopened mail that USCIS sent to her.
Yep. Either write "Return to Sender" on the envelope and drop it in the mail, or put the unopened GC envelope in a bigger envelope along with a letter explaining that she doesn't live with you any more. Let it be her problem how to get it from USCIS.

Thanks again for the advices!!!

Being fool for two years is too long, and I won't be a fool again!

My heart is still hurts, but I can handle it.

Well, For my ex-wife, I don't ever want to see her again.

It might help you if you write or report this in person to USCIS fraud unit and explaing that what her intention was from the beggining and it might block her from any excuse or blaming you for divorce when time for removal condition of her PR arrives.

Sorry about your predicament. Just send it back when it comes ( express and registered mail), then she will have to figure out what to do. Don't waste any more money or time on her. She obviously doesn't care about you and neither should you at this point. If she contacts you about it, refer her to the Immigration department. Infact change your phone number and after you get the final divorce decree, close that chapter and move on. Next time get to know someone before getting involved. Unfortunately some people have become so selfish and self centered and don't care at what expense they go to fulful their wicked desires...

This too shall pass, time heals all wounds.....Take care.