• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Need help from German Citizens

luckluck

Registered Users (C)
We were just told by my father-in-law that he can’t get the German Police Certificate for us in Germany since we are living in the States.

Has anyone applied for a German Police Certificate while living in the States? What was the process and how long did it take? Our DV interview should be in December......

Thanks so much in advance.

Thank you. We didn't find much info about DV in that forum......

That's weird since pretty much everyone is talking about it right now :)

You could also take a look at groups.yahoo.com/group/zweipaesse/ ... It's a forum about retaining German citizenship during naturalization and people there should have experience getting German police certificates in the US since it's one of the requirements.

We were just told by my father-in-law that he can’t get the German Police Certificate for us in Germany since we are living in the States.

Has anyone applied for a German Police Certificate while living in the States? What was the process and how long did it take? Our DV interview should be in December......

Thanks so much in advance.

You sure lived in Germany and know how bureaucratic these guys are. I think its going to be complicated because u have to be there urself with your passport before applying. I also sent my friend to do it for me because i was not in my town of resident when i got my second NL and they also refused to do it where i was.
I had to go myself to the 'Rathaus' and apply for it. However, why don't you give them a call. I guess you can get the contacts on the net.

Best of luck

All Bogus! Here is a link on how to apply from the US http://www.germany.info/Vertretung/...es__Documents/Certificate__Good__Conduct.html .

I applied from the US and it did not even take 2 weeks to get it back. I would make sure that you send the application to Germany via Fed-Ex/DHL or so, so the delivery will be expedited and you can trace where your package is at online. What is another $30 if you get peace of mind in return and know that your package has arrived safe and sound, right? No worries, there is no doubt in my mind that you will have it back by the end of October.

Good luck!