Need help, Citizen marrying someone on Visitors Visa

anonymous01

I am a citizen and My fiance just finished her school in December 2003 and had to go back to India because of a family emergeency. She had her OPT (expires in 2005) and I-120 issued so she could come back but since she has been out for more than 6 months, apparentlhy her I-120 is no longer valid and she is unable to get back here.

She has a multiple entry visitors visa as well so we are hoping that maybe she can com here on Visitors Visa soon, we get married and I file for her right away so she can start working and we can get our life on track. I have heard that immigration officials frown upon this as bad intent.

What is the best way for us to go about doing this? What are the repercussions if she comes here on Visitors Visa and we get married, do we have to wait for sometime before we get married or can we just get things going right away? Any help on this would be appreciated.

thanks.

Relax dont worry, lots of people come with dual intent, Ask her to come and then file for an AOS.As long as the marriage is not fake you are good. !!

shresht

Seeker22 said:
Relax dont worry, lots of people come with dual intent, Ask her to come and then file for an AOS.As long as the marriage is not fake you are good. !!

shresht

INCORRECT!!!

H-1 and L-1 visas are dual intent visas and there would be not problem. However, this is a B-2 visa and it is NOT dual intent! If you marry too soon after the entry, or possibly even if the marriage takes place a significant time after entry, the service may have a problem. B-2 visas are to visit the US. You come, go see the Grand Canyon and Mickey Mouse, and LEAVE. They are not intended to avoid obtaining a correct visa. Check into a K-1 visa. It really is the correct way to go, although it will take somewhat more time to obtain.

It is not as simple as just enter on the B-2 and don't worry about it. If you marry too soon after entry, you will DEFINITELY have problems at the marriage interview and the GC could be denied due to preconceived intent.