Need help: Called emergency number and they say case was sent National Record Center

Desi in US

Registered Users (C)
Gurus please help. I jsut called the emergency number and they said my case was send to the National Record center last week - usually this would mean the case was approved for this to happen. However, this is not the case for me - as the system does not show it as approved (its the same for my wife). Anyone heard of this before?

Anyway, she said she has to call the case back and it will take 4-6 weeks. If I do not hear anything in the next 6 weeks I should call them back. Any idea what is going on. Anything I should be doing? :confused:

my take is that ur case is approved...the satus may or may not change.that's really not important

tere mu mein ghee shakar.. but wouldn;t the status need to change at least with the folks who answer the emergency number?

If it is approved, how long before the letter arrives at your home??

Is your case affected by retrogression?

If so, it might have been sent to National Record center until the case gets current. As soon as your case gets current, they will get it back from National Record center to your service center for working on the case.

How do I find out if it is affected? I hope not - I am in EB2 and my priority date is like May 2001 or something like that. So all cases that are affected by retrogression are send to the national record center? from what the lady on the emergency number told me it sounded like only approved cases go there.. and mine seem to be an error.

Desi_in_Us,

Can you please update the lastest on your case ? Did you get it approved or what is the current status ?

I am in the same boat like you. TSC has informed that my spouse case (mine approved) is sent to National Records Center my mistake...

Desi in US said:
Gurus please help. I jsut called the emergency number and they said my case was send to the National Record center last week - usually this would mean the case was approved for this to happen. However, this is not the case for me - as the system does not show it as approved (its the same for my wife). Anyone heard of this before?

Anyway, she said she has to call the case back and it will take 4-6 weeks. If I do not hear anything in the next 6 weeks I should call them back. Any idea what is going on. Anything I should be doing? :confused: