Need an opinion

oukr

My citizenship interview is scheduled in July. I got my yellow letter just asking to bring state ID or DL. Four years back, I had crossed border to visit Tijuana, Mexico and while getting back, an officer troubled me with lot of questions and I answered to the point. He called his supervisor and I heard him telling that 'this guy is not clean'. Supervisor looked at me carefully and advised him to record this. I was clean and had nothing on me other than I had bit drunk. I was not driving any car. He photocopied my passport, GC and DL before he let me go. Other than this I never had any arrest or issues. Will there be any impact of this incident on my naturalization?:confused:

No. If you did not receive anything in writing, there should be no problem and you should answer with a NO for this incident on the N-400 question about arrest/citation.

You should be fine, if it comes up in the interview just be honest since they can see when you crossed back into the states. The officer may have put some notes into your file.

Thanks

You should be fine, if it comes up in the interview just be honest since they can see when you crossed back into the states. The officer may have put some notes into your file.

That was just one day trip. I did not enter this trip on my application. However, as you stated they can see entire my record. Nest tuesday the 13th is my interview. Wish me luck..

Naturalization interview approved

My interview is over without any problem. I had bunch of traffic tickets, a dispute case with house owner and the above mentioned incident at the border. Nothing mattered and the officer declared that my application recommended for approval.