Need an Advice, Received "RFE" today !!!!!!!!!!!!

bbad

Registered Users (C)
received "RFE" today. CSC asking for following things :

(1) new employment letter
(2) last 3 pay stubs,
(3) W-2\'s from the last 3 tax years (2001, 2000, 1999) and
(4) employer\'s 2001 tax return with DE6\'s from the last 2 quarters.

what I don\'t get is #(3), I have started working for this sponsoring company since I have received EAD card which is nov-2001. how am I going to provide W-2\'s from last 3 years...

any idea, suggestions

thanks,
bbad

No Title

b_bad,

Don\'t worry too much about it. Take it in this way, if INS asks for W2s they ask for last 3 years W2s. As sonofindia wrote it doesn\'t matter for which company you worked for! Just supply 3 years of W2 if you were in this country in all those three years.

Hope to hear your approval soon :)

Good luck
PCee

Man I got an RFE also....

Just spoke to the lawyers today and was informed that we received two RFE\'s. One for me, requesting an employment verification letter and another for my wife - additional immunization and TB tests (she was pregnant when we went for our last medical in April \'01). My issue is that I am quitting my job from my earlier employer at the end of this month. I have the employment verification letter anyway. But now the corporate attorney will not be dealing with my case. Oh GOD! At least the folks at CSC are working on cases.

BG

b_bad, did you send employment letter to INS when filing I485?

rsrgs didn\'t get employment letter for his RFE, I asked him.
He said, he submitted it when filing I485. I remember, only I140
application is asked employer\'s tax return. Please talk to attorney
before your handing in all file for your RFE.

Good luck.

I think

that u have to supply what INS asks for.

Even if they are asking the same thing again.

In my case I had supplied W2 of earlier and earlier Tax return but they asked for all w2 and tax returns inclduing 2001 which I had not supplied (obviously)

Just do as INS asks and you will be fine

Just a matter of time hopefully

yes i did !

I did send employment letter to ins with I-485 when I filed it.

Attorney is handling this case..

thanks
bbad

in fact .......

thanks PCee

I did not file any tax returns in previous years nor I stayed here for long.
 I decided to file labor petition in late of year 2000. mean time I worked for couple different places for only a month or so, went back to country came back and started working for sponsoring company from july-2001 at the time of i-485 filing, since I didn\'t have social security at this time or before they have always paid me with straight check (without any deductions,the way contractors get paid).
      from nov-2001 they have started deducting taxes since I got my S.S. and on I-485 I have declared it to INS. and that was my main concern despite they knew that I never had W-2\'s except for year-2001, they are asking for year 1999 and 2000 \'s W-2\'s. Ridiculous

thanks,
bbad

What is a DE 6? Guru\'s, Jim Please help!

My issue is that I need to provide INS with proof of employment. I have been submitting paystubs for 4 months. Looking for a way to get the employer to send a notarized copy of the deductions. Is there a specific form for this? The employer does not want to send the whole company\'s deductions to INS as they will be furnishing information that is not required and are simply not comfortable doing this.

Is there a form that I could have my employer fill and send to INS? Please help!

B_BAD, Quick question

Hey b_bad,

Are you from Delaware? Maybe DE-6 and DE-16 indicate forms for Delware...not sure just checking!

Thanks,

DE6 is a form is to be submitted with the state labour dept EDD by the employer

This is to done every quarter and declares the individual employees of the company and the respective salaries they were paid every month during the quarter.

questions related to w2\'s and employ ment letter ??????????

I have (2) questions to ask gurus for my RFE:

(1) Do we have to provide them copies of the W2 or originals? My company makes it hand written pay checks is that gonna cause any problem? do I have to notarize it?

(2) how about last (3)pay stubs do I need to submit copies or originals ? if copies then I have to motorized it or not?

thanks.
bbad

copies are usually fine, maybe try to back up the hand written checks...

with bank statements that show that you have cashed the checks.
Similarly try to back up your W2s with a copy of your 1040 federal tax return page. NO need to notarize and never send any originals since you can never get them back

Your status may be the main reason for a RFE

If you are working in this country on H1-B/L1 (or any Work Visa) then You MUST file tax returns. Even if you do not owe them any taxes or even if you workd in this country for 1 day.
If you have worked while on a Tourist/Business or some visa without work authorization then your I-485 may get denied.
Please explain your status info.