Need Advice

GCLOVER007

Registered Users (C)
Hey Gurus,
On my 5th year H1 I have joined Indian consulting company and got a substitute labor with PD Jul 2002. My I140 approved in Jun 05 and 485 is pending since 2004. I have applied for my 7th year extension.

Now my client is forcing me to Join as an employee. My 485 is pending in NSC. My client place location comes under VSC. What are the rick involved if I join my client using EAD?
(The Job responsibility is same as in the labor but the salary is 100% more than labor mentioned salary.)

Current employer is a typical India consulting company will do anything If they come to know I am quiting. Are they able to cancel my approved I140 even though its been 10 months after approval and 16 months after 485 RD?

-GCLover
I140/485 RD : 12/22/2004
I140 AD : Jun 2005

You are safe if you do AC21 properly, contact an attorney or do some reaseacrh on the net.

The 100% increase in salary *might* raise questions on whether the 2 jobs are really identical - you need a good attorney to lay out your case.

Also the old company can withdraw the 140 at any time since its their application which may not necessarily impact your pending 485.