Need Advice - switch company to file as EB2

sportic

Registered Users (C)
I'm with a large telecom firm and started on Co-OP 3 months before i completed my MS in CS. I have just completed my 5 years with the firm but now at the time of filing my green card, the Immigration lawyer for the firm says that i can only be filed as EB3 as i started with the firm w/o my MS + the BS with 5 years is not an option as the 5 years experience was gained with the same firm.
So here's my question and i would really appreciate your advice:

a. Given that now i'm MS + 5 years experience and i would like to be filed under EB2 is it possible that i switch firms an apply for a position that requires MS + 2 years becauase of PWD considerations?
b. would PWD be determined based on my experience or experience required for the position?
c. is there any risk involved if i get a job that requires less qualification/experience that what i currenly have?

looking forward to hearing from you...

1. You can apply with MS+0 to MS+n to qualify as EB2. It's better to consult a qualified immigration attorney to see what you can do to stay with the same firm and still apply with EB2. (if there is a chance at all)

2. PWD gets determined by job reqs not your qualifications/exp.

3. I don't see any risk.