Need advice on my legal fees (kind of complicated caz my lawyer dropped my case)

belacut

Registered Users (C)
My original lawyer transferred my case to another lawyer about 2 months ago. I already paid $3000 legal fees to the first lawyer. The new lawyer is asking for another $4,400.0 for legal fees.

What has been done so far. (By my first lawyer)
1. RIR labor cert done
2. I140 - denied due to insufficent work experience(I had more than enough years and proof and looks like some one just over look it)

Now, my new lawyer asked for another $2200 for just re-filing the I140 and ask for another $2200 for filing I485 and I765 when the time comes. I had a feeling that I got screwed (I know I already get screwed by my first lawyer) for over-charging me becaz of the case transfer.

Any opinions welcome. :)

u mean you are having to spend even for labor cert??......not your employer??

and why did your original lawyer tranfer to another one??......if he did a job badly.....he is supposed to work on it free of cost........thats how its supposed to be......atleast we can report him to the BAR.......for his unfair practice...

techy2468 said:
u mean you are having to spend even for labor cert??......not your employer??

and why did your original lawyer tranfer to another one??......if he did a job badly.....he is supposed to work on it free of cost........thats how its supposed to be......atleast we can report him to the BAR.......for his unfair practice...

The lawyer turn herself to a NY court justice. So, she had all her case transferred to a new firm.

My employer and myself agreed to split the cost. Since my employer already 3K. So, I will need to responsible for the rest. But now, the new firm charged me another 4,400. SO, I had a feeling I got screwed.

I still want to know what is a market price for a firm to take over it from now. Like re-filing the I140 and going forward to the I485/I765? :confused:

The lawyer turn herself to a NY court justice. So, she had all her case transferred to a new firm.

My employer and myself agreed to split the cost. Since my employer already 3K. So, I will need to responsible for the rest. But now, the new firm charged me another 4,400. SO, I had a feeling I got screwed.

I still want to know what is a market price for a firm to take over it from now. Like re-filing the I140 and going forward to the I485/I765? :confused:

the market price for labour cert shall be about $4000
the market price for I-140 shall be $2000
the market price for I-485 including attending interview shall be about $3000
The market price for I-131 shall be 500

Why don't you go to www.uscis.gov and downlaod the forms and mail the application with fee and evidence. See this forum for guidance on evidence. You can save a bundle. After Labour, it shall be easy

I don't think there is any fee to file Labor under PERM. But Lawyers usually charge around $2000-$4000

I-140= $475
I-485= $930
I-131=$305
I-765=$340