Need advice on K3 - CR1

india4life

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I married my wife sometime in December and had to wait 60 days before filing for DCF. I am a US citizen. Me and my wife went to Delhi on February 15, 2005 to submit our papers for K3-CR1. The consular officer approved the case and told us we should get packet 3 in the mail soon after. We did receive packet 3 on March 4, 2005. We did not send the checklist and copy of the passport right after because she didnt have her passport. We got the passport in three weeks and sent off the checklist and copy of the passport on March 31, 2005. I just checked the latest appointments on the Mumbai consular website for the month of May and noticed her BMB case # is not there. Its been a month and still nothing is there any way that I can contact them or email them as I am back in the US and my wife is still in India. Thanks for any help!!!

Timeline!
02/15/2005 - > Filed I-130 at New Delhi Embassy. Priority date is 02/15/2005
03/04/2005 - > Packet 3 received from Mumbai consulate
03/31/2005 - > Packet 3 sent back to Mumbai consulate (DS230 Part 1 &
Checklist)
04/22/2005 - > Interview appointment NOT listed online in Embassy website

Hi
As far as my understanding and I read some other peopel's experience that Mumbai embassy schedule interview during each month between 10th to 20th of that month. so if your pk3 send/received by embassy before 5th then you have more chances to get appointment date on that month otherwise you have to wait another month to get yr date. You can see my timeline I send my pk3 on 4/20/2005 and they schedule on 4/22 so now i have to wait untill they schedule for June. I hope this info will help you but you can do one thing that you can write them email but still it will take time to get your reply. or you can tell your wife to call embassy number and ask them make sure she have your all info(name,,B'date.....etc.)+yellow receipt number and your BMB#. Explain yr situation.
Let me know what happen.
Good luck

I emailed Mumbai about the situation and this is the response that I received:

MUMBAI, I V to me

We hope to schedule your spouse for an interview in June 2005.

So I am just praying at the time so I can be with my wife ASAP. Thanks for the tip on emailing them really appreciate it. Hope your loved one comes here ASAP to be with you.

hi India4life.
Thats good that they reply your email. Some time they dont. So its nice that they tell you when they going to do it. Well, I m not sure when my wife will receive her appointment but just keep in pray so she will be with me asap.
let me know any further new or any update ok
Good luck
bye

keyun21 said:
hi India4life.
Thats good that they reply your email. Some time they dont. So its nice that they tell you when they going to do it. Well, I m not sure when my wife will receive her appointment but just keep in pray so she will be with me asap.
let me know any further new or any update ok
Good luck
bye

Hey keyun21,

Just wondering if you have any update in your case. Did you try to email them ? I am still waiting for the June appointments to be posted on the Mumbai's consular website. Do you know if the visa fees of $335 + $45 can be paid in American dollars or does it have to be in demand draft ?

Thanks and keep praying !!!

Thats true my boss India 4 life. haha
No, Not yet, i havent heared anything from Bombay yet. About schedule for June interview, I believe that they might be put online around/after 15 of May. So i would wait for that. For your visa fee. They accept only demand draft. That what happen to friend of mine his wife just received her visa and she is here now. They say they want to have in correct amount otherwise they will give you pass to go out of embassy and get it on correct amount.
so I am still waiting for that day.
but keep update us if you know anything
oky
Take care

I checked on Delhi site and it says that:

All Visa Fees in Indian National Rupees are to be paid by demand draft only, payable to American Embassy New Delhi, at any bank in New Delhi. Payment in US Dollars may be deposited in cash or by draft also.

Not sure if this is includes Mumbai too.
Heres the link:

Fees

I also checked the Mumbai site and it says: All fees must be paid by bank drafts and drawn on nationalized or foreign banks

So I guess DD is the only acceptance there.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might be right i just check delhi website and its says you can pay cash US dollar up there but not at Mumbai embassy. But i would check with delhi embassy ..Dont wana to take Risk. :cool: but i m prety sure that Mumbai embassy accept only DD. Hey i be happy if they accept Cash :p . Since your spouse will go to Delhi then shouldnt be any prob. It seem like Delhi is main HD of US embassy in India so they can accept all kind of transaction if you know what I mean. But thanx for advice.
Good luck
later

I emailed Mumbai Yesterday again and they told me that my wifes interview date is on June 6. I suggest you email them and I am sure they will give you an update. Now to prepare my wife for the Q&A. Hope your interview date comes thru.

wow thats a good new.
Let me ask you then. What should i write down in email? I mean is there any perticular way you ask them. Do i need to menstion my name and my BMB# on it. could you give me your sugetion before i write to Mumbai Embasy.
Please help me bcz my wife still waiting for Interview. And Did you wife received a letter from Embassy or not?
Thank you

Just put down your wifes name and BMB #. Ask them for an update to the case as your wife did not get the packet 4 yet. They said they sent the packet 4 to my wifes address at the end of April but she did not get it ? So I emailed them to resend it and they will, as they did respond back to me about this. :eek:

india4life

wow I wish I had the luck you have had. I'm peruvian and was married in Feb. I wanted to do all my paper work at the embassy in Peru and they would not let me don't know if there are different rules for each embassy but that was the case. So i applied all the forms here the I-130 and the I-129F and now it the waiting game. I am going to Peru at the end of May and will like to know if anyone has advice to what if anything I can do over there to speed up the process.

Any suggestions. :(

Hi acordova,

I filed directly in India, which is allowed and is called DCF (Direct Consular Filing.)
Not all countries participate in this. Also trust me there are people here who are much luckier than I, since they get their K-visa in 3 months. I will try to get the link for you to all participating countries. Hope your loved one joins you.

Hey keyun21,
They actually posted the June interview schdelue so check it out. Just keep praying!!!

hi India4life
Dude thatnx for putting info about posting June interview
I just check and its on it 6/17 but i will call my wife tomorrow and check if she received or not i m preety sure that she still waiting for mail... but i will be much in confidence once she received her letter.
I guess. i m lucky this time that i got interivew schedule this time. I Saw that *.pdf file has about 26 pages last time they had only 19 so its seem like they schedule lot of people this month.
Anyway let me go and share this good news to my parents.
I will be in touch with you
bye

Indian4life

Thanks man good looking out. I love this website and the stories I'm hearing. I wish you and all the best of luck with all your cases.

Hi all,

Just an update:

My wife got the K3 Visa about a week ago from the Mumbai consulate. :D
Could not have done it without all the great advice from here.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Great News
Hey i have few question regarding to Interview process.
My will attend her interview in next month and i was wondering what kind of question do they ask you. I all ready surf-net and collect info. But if can get some info from you, it would be nice, like what kind of question did they ask your wife..and Do i need to take any extra pracotion when she go for her interview. Please give me any suggestion if do have.
Thank you
bye
;)