need advice/help asap

tous

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I filed asylum application by myself, got an A# (say A1), got interviewed, got EAD as pending asylum and got NOID. (* all under A# A1)
Once I got NOID, I hired an attorney and submitted the Rebuttal on NOID referring to the same case # (with A# A1)..
About 4 weeks later, I never received anything from IO but I received a letter from Court with a master hearing date...BUT WITH A NEW A# (A# A2)...

I don't know how my first A# (A1) got messed up and changed to A# A2 ..but when my lawyer checked the court docs today, he said there's no Rebuttal package that we submitted for NOID..

what should/can I do ?
Can/should I/my lawyer request the judge to terminate the case and send back the case to Asylum office as they messed up the A# and never review/response my rebuttal (which is in the original A#)?
all the advices are really appreciated...

Note:
_ I have evidence from courier service that my rebuttal package was sent out to Asylum office (have a person's signature).
- Now I understand that I didn't get response to my Rebuttal because Rebuttal was referenced to my original A# A1 as in NOID. So it will never be in A# A2 folder.
- When I filed the application, I was in H1-B status but I got lay off around after the time I got NOID..
- My lawyer said he saw a NTA in my court docs and it is because of my H1 was terminated...

It's all mysterious to me too. I've seen lots of weird cases. I am mentioning this because it might give u a hope.

Friend of mine, filled I-589....NOID was issued....and he sent rebuttal (of course he had an attorney)....he was denied ..and they informed that rebuttal was never received.
His attorney....wrote back to them.....and magic happened.....after 1.5 month his attorney received his approval.

I've heard most people will be denied once NOID is issued (for temp protected status), but there are some cases that really gives hope.

update

my lawyer presented my H1-B approval (because NTA says I was referred to court because I was not on valid status since end of 2008- which is not true) which is valid till 2011 at Master hearing...and defense council couldn't locate my file...so Judge terminated my case..the A# was typo and the court clerk changed it back to right A#..
now my lawyer will try to send back my case to Immigration Office (as IO still needs to review my rebuttal and decide)...and will also try to track down IO to look at my case again..

anyone has experience anything like this?
all advices/comment on what might happen, dos and donts are welcome ...

Last edited by a moderator: