Need advice for citizenship application

CinMarion29

Good afternoon,

Here's my short story: I became a permanent resident in november 2009 and lived in the USA until september 2011. At that point I left the USA for financial reasons, went back home and then did an accelerated school program in Australia. When I came back to the USA, it was March 2014. My lawyer had told me that i could get deported or that my greencard could get revoked if the airport immigration officer thought I had abandoned my residency (I had NO idea that the re-entry permit thing existed). Anyway, I bought a one-way ticket to the USA and although they gave me a sermon, the immigration officers let me go and keep my greencard. I've been living and working in the USA ever since (I only left three times on vacation and they all lasted less than 2 weeks).
One of my friend who had a similar situation told me I could apply for citizenship as I have been living physically for more than 2.5 years in the USA and been a green card holder for more than 5 years (and if we combine the number of years i've lived in the USA it's like almost 6 years). I contacted different lawyers, some won't even respond without me paying $400 for a consult and some responded nicely but the response is that I have to wait until 2019 because i "abandoned" my residency between the end of 2011 and beginning of 2014. I'm just confused at this point because if I had "abandoned" my residency, wouldn't the immigratino officiers deported me or at least revoked my greencard (or send me to the immigration court). Can you "abandon" your residency but yet still be able to move back with your greencard? that's not what I did but i know the law is tricky and complicated.
so i'm looking for advice: Can I actually apply for citizenship or do I really have to wait until 2019??? Anyone went through the same kind of thing?

Sorry just realized it wasn't that short of a story lol so thanks for reading everything!

have a great weekend everyone!