ND Dec 04, 2000

whoknowswhen

Registered Users (C)
Spoke to IIO after a long wait. Responses to all queries were that the case was "Pending". Did not say what "Pending" meant. Any similar experiences?

A question for WHOKNOWSWHEN ???

Could U please tell us , weather your I 140 was approved for Consular Processing or for Adjustment of Status, if it is approved for CP, then U are the un lucky guys like me, it will take 8 to 10 months more time compared to others, whose I 140 got approved for Adjustment of Status, so pl read word by word, and line by line of your I 140 approved petetion and let us share the info, and I will give U more input on this.

Thanks,
Ramukesi

Ramukesi Can you please answer?

Hi Ramukesi,

My RD is 03/02/2001, ND is 03/27/2001 & FP is 01/12/2002. My I140 was done under AOS. I says that "Person for whom you are petitioning is in US & will apply for adjustment of Status. ...

Until the petition for whom you are petitioning files of Adjustment application or applies of immigrant visa, this approved petition will be stored in this office..." (i.e. NSC)

Well when I called IIO on last Thursday, he told me that my I485 file has been sent to make a connection to I140 file. I asked him how long it takes. He said sometimes it take 6 months. He also mentioned that review(i.e. I140 & I485) was ordered in the end of January.

So if the I140 file is at NSC, then why it should take 6 months to make connection. From end of January to upto now, around 1 1/2 month is passed, so do you have any idea how long this process takes?

Does this means that my case is already reviewed and once the connection is made, it will be ready to be adjudicated?

I have been reading your posts & think that you have better understanding of the process.

Thanks,

Achiever

Yes CP

Ramu,
I have been following your email threads. I am for CP as per I 140, but applied NSC - lawyer did it by error or an idiot - more the latter
Latest info as of congressional inquiry - NSC is processing Oct 2000 -this date contradicts the cases that are being approved. However I got thru to IIO after many, many months of trying and the case is Pending - do not know what that means. I am also informed - by - inquiry about 4 months. And the IIO said they do not care if the I 140 is in CP - all my papers are at NSC - and if anything more is needed they will contact me. So hang in tight:)
Gives me hope, I guess:)