Naturilization Certificate lost in mail by passport office/USPS

nh786

Registered Users (C)
I received my passport a few weeks ago but did not receive my Naturization certificate back from the passport office. Called passport office and they said it was mailed (first class mail) the same day the passport was mailed and I needed to write a letter to the passport office about it

Did any one have similiar experience and does it take so long to receive it back or should I shell out ~$400 for a duplicate

Will I ever be ever needing a naturalization certificate (for instance upon renewal of passport) etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:
It took me nearly THREE weeks to get mine back from the date I applied for my PP. Well, what happened with me was that they mailed out mine without a label and postage so it was returned to the sender (National Passport Center, NH). So they called me on my cell phone to verify my address and it was sent to me by FEDEX Overnight. Hopefully that's the case with you also... but when I talked to the representative on the phone, they did say it could take up to 3 weeks to get it back... I know that feeling too well! Good luck!

I received my passport a few weeks ago but did not receive my Naturization certificate back from the passport office. Called passport office and they said it was mailed (first class mail) the same day the passport was mailed and I needed to write a letter to the passport office about it

Did any one have similiar experience and does it take so long to receive it back or should I shell out ~$400 for a duplicate

Will I ever be ever needing a naturalization certificate (for instance upon renewal of passport) etc etc

USPS still request submisstion of one of my childrern's birth certificate wehn we renewed his passport.
I am certain USPS would treat certificate of natrualization same way as birth certificate.

When did you naturalize? How many weeks ago exactly did you get your passport? Don't be vague, please.

Don't shell out $400 for a new certificate if was lost in the mail. Have either the passport agency or post office investigate and demand them to replace it via USCIS.

PP Card and Naturalization Certificate lost in mail by PO/USPS

Don't shell out $400 for a new certificate if was lost in the mail. Have either the passport agency or post office investigate and demand them to replace it via USCIS.

Could you please elaborate on this? I am in a similar situation - according to NPIC my PP card was sent on June 16th and Naturalization Certificate on June 21st - I received my passport book but neither PP card nor the document was delivered by USPS. Appreciate information on how to follow it up with USPS and USCIS.

Wait, they most likely will show up in your mail. The problem is that quite a few post this "scary" messages and forget to come back and tell us the good news. I am pretty sure nh786 ended up getting the certificate back.

Could you please elaborate on this? I am in a similar situation - according to NPIC my PP card was sent on June 16th and Naturalization Certificate on June 21st - I received my passport book but neither PP card nor the document was delivered by USPS. Appreciate information on how to follow it up with USPS and USCIS.
Wait at least 1 month from the date NPIC has told you to ensure delivery of the document. If you still haven't received them by then, then launch investigation with USPS postmaster.

Wait at least 1 month from the date NPIC has told you to ensure delivery of the document. If you still haven't received them by then, then launch investigation with USPS postmaster.

Alright - thanks for your response. The good news is - I got my passport card and the naturalization certificate today in the mail. The passport agency made a blunder printing wrong name and address on the card and the envelope - our postman was smart to notice this problem and personally delivered to me today. Now I have to send the card back to get my name corrected. What a hassle. Hope people are aware of problem of this nature - I called the passport office and they confirmed that someone who entered my details made several typos (hope he/she is not in that kind of a job anymore).

Dozens of complaints across the internet about Naturalization Certificates never returned — and NOT ONE TRACKING NUMBER ever provided by those lying thieves at the Passport Center. It’s $555 to replace and these %#%#%#s know it. Did Trump directly order the Passport Center to destroy them so USCIS can charge $555 for replacements? Considering everything else he’s done to hamper immigration, I wouldn’t be surprised. It has his hallmark profiteering all over it.

@aomelche

This is an immigration forum, not a platform for expressing political opinions. Violation of the TOS will lead to administrative actions against your account.

@Mitchman

This is an immigration forum, not a platform for expressing political opinions. Violation of the TOS will lead to administrative actions against your account.