Naturalization with felony conviction

DrWancho

I was arrested for practicing dentistry without an active license on may 2013. Convicted on July of 2014 after pleading nolo contendere, served prison time for 18 months and released in December 2015. Been acting with GMC ever since and not even a speeding ticket on record. How long more should I wait to apply for citizenship? Does the 5 year rule apply since the date of the arrest, since date conviction or since date of release? Any information in this matter will be appreciated

I was arrested for practicing dentistry without an active license on may 2013. Convicted on July of 2014 after pleading nolo contendere, served prison time for 18 months and released in December 2015. Been acting with GMC ever since and not even a speeding ticket on record. How long more should I wait to apply for citizenship? Does the 5 year rule apply since the date of the arrest, since date conviction or since date of release? Any information in this matter will be appreciated
GMC Starts from time of arrest.

Get a lawyer, you want to consult/use a lawyer when prison time is involved.

I would wait 5 years after the December 2015 release. The n400 has a question "..have you EVER been arrested..?" that you have to answer truthfully. Definitely need a lawyer.

That aside, the US grants Citizenship to someone convicted of practicing medicine in the US without a license?