Naturalization Oath Ceremony: may I bring my 4 mos old son to courtroom?

sheppard1977

Registered Users (C)
I have my Naturalization Oath Ceremony this Friday at our local courthouse. Me and my wife wonder if we can bring our 4 month old son to the courtroom to whiteness his dad become a United States citizen? What’s allowed? What’s your experience with this? I expect more children to be there. He’s normally really good and mom will be with him.

I have my Naturalization Oath Ceremony this Friday at our local courthouse. Me and my wife wonder if we can bring our 4 month old son to the courtroom to whiteness his dad become a United States citizen? What’s allowed? What’s your experience with this? I expect more children to be there. He’s normally really good and mom will be with him.

Please post your local office name / court name so that forum members can provide relevant input.

Usually some guests are allowed in a oath ceremonies. The best way to find out is to contact the courthouse directly by phone and ask them.

Best of luck and Kong Rats.

vik_b

my husband's oath ceremony was yesterday in Brooklyn, NY and there were about two toddlers and about 7 babies. some of the mom had the babies with them during the whole process, which was literally 4 hrs long. no one seemed bothered. the babies ranged from 1 month to 7/8 months.where is your location?

Me and my wife wonder if we can bring our 4 month old son to the courtroom to whiteness his dad become a United States citizen?

How does a 4 month old witness an oath, let alone remember it?:D
They may let him be present if he's quiet during the ceremony. Best to check with the court house to see their specific policy.

Use your best judgment on this. I don't think there is a restriction, I guess if the baby decides to cry a lot that day it might be better to go outside with him and not disturb the ceremony.

My 2 cents.

If he cries, they'll probably run you out of the place, and you'll have to reschedule the oath for another day.

THat's exactly what happened to a lady at my oath ceremony. Her baby wouldn't stop crying, so she was removed from the courtroom. I'm not sure what happened afterwards, but she wasn't there to pick up her certificate. My guess is that she was rescheduled.

It seems like in this case only the husband is getting naturalized. Baby and mother are just spectators, so I guess if the baby starts crying during the ceremony the mother might choose to go out of the courtroom with the baby and the ceremony can proceed, no need to reschedule. Again, as I said earlier, be considerate of other people's enjoyment of that special day.

I am also in the same situation. My wife and I and are scheduled to take oath on 5/29/2009 in Wichita, KS and 9:30 AM. We live 3 hours drive from that location. I have 2 kids (6 year old and one 9 month old). I emailed the court clerk and she responded like "I am unable to answer your quesitons. Here at the courthouse we only supplythe judge for the ceremony. As far as finding out what the rule are, youwill need to contact the Immigration office. " Did anyone bring their kids to Oath Ceremony at Wichita?

I am also in the same situation. My wife and I and are scheduled to take oath on 5/29/2009 in Wichita, KS and 9:30 AM. We live 3 hours drive from that location. I have 2 kids (6 year old and one 9 month old). I emailed the court clerk and she responded like "I am unable to answer your quesitons. Here at the courthouse we only supplythe judge for the ceremony. As far as finding out what the rule are, youwill need to contact the Immigration office. " Did anyone bring their kids to Oath Ceremony at Wichita?

I am not aware of any rules that would deny admittance to babies. But if the baby cries during the ceremony, the baby and her adult caregiver will be asked to leave. This means that one of you (at least) will not get naturalized and will have to be rescheduled. My personal suggestion is to leave the babies at home. Or ask another adult who is not being naturalized to come along so that if necessary she/he can take the babies out of the court room.

Thanks and good luck.

Thank you thankful. I just found a friend willing to take care of my kids starting at 5:30 AM.

hey, this is the same ceremony my spouse is scheduled for - may 29 in wichita! we have a 2.5 hr drive there. we are bringing a kid, but only 1 of us is going thru the ceremony.

anyway it's cool you have the same oath date and location!

hey, this is the same ceremony my spouse is scheduled for - may 29 in wichita! we have a 2.5 hr drive there. we are bringing a kid, but only 1 of us is going thru the ceremony.

anyway it's cool you have the same oath date and location!

Gigifan, Thanks a lot for your info. I just happenned to know that my friend is sick and can't take care of my son (9 months) tomorrow. If I bring him to the ceremony and if they won't allow me to have my kid would it be possible for you to just oversee him? Mostly my daughter (6 years old) will take care of him but I should not leave them there without adult supervision. Please PM me your contact info. Thanks a lot again.

Gigifan, Thanks a lot for your info. I just happenned to know that my friend is sick and can't take care of my son (9 months) tomorrow. If I bring him to the ceremony and if they won't allow me to have my kid would it be possible for you to just oversee him? Mostly my daughter (6 years old) will take care of him but I should not leave them there without adult supervision. Please PM me your contact info. Thanks a lot again.

I'm so sorry, I would not be able to take care of the 9 month old as I have a very young child I have to watch, and my health is not so good myself, and may not spend much time in the ceremony due to all of this. You might try to find alternate arrangements in your area. Maybe a day care? Some have more openings now that it is summer. Sorry, but didn't want to wait until the last minute to reply so you have more time to find other arrangements. We are heading out of town very shortly, so I will be offline. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry, I would not be able to take care of the 9 month old as I have a very young child I have to watch, and my health is not so good myself, and may not spend much time in the ceremony due to all of this. You might try to find alternate arrangements in your area. Maybe a day care? Some have more openings now that it is summer. Sorry, but didn't want to wait until the last minute to reply so you have more time to find other arrangements. We are heading out of town very shortly, so I will be offline. Good luck

Thank you for the prompt reply. Daycare here opens only at 7 AM. I found one daycare but they will not accept child below 1 year. I will find other arrangements here. Thanks again. Good luck tomorrow.