Naturalization, N-336 hearing, results

chikoo2008

Registered Users (C)
If you or someone you know or have heard about someone who has filed N-336, please post reasons for denial, N-336 hearings and results. please post if you know how long it took to get a N-336 hearing.

unfortunately yes, it was denied. I have to go to leanthy N-336 process to show them that they were wrong.

You still haven't revealed the reason of the denial. If you want forum members to advise/share, you need to start sharing the reason of the denial.

Any reasons why your n400 was denied and why you didn't go for another interview???

You should tell us what happened and why? even details. We could understand and help you guide or answer your questions.

i had a misd. battary charge 6 years ago. i provided all the court paper work and the officer denied it that i lied in my application. I dont know where i lied and denial letter doesnt state that either. I hired an attorney who is sure IO made mistake and I filed N-336.

I didnt know you can go for another interview after denial. do you have to ask for it?

i had a misd. battary charge 6 years ago. i provided all the court paper work and the officer denied it that i lied in my application. I dont know where i lied and denial letter doesnt state that either. I hired an attorney who is sure IO made mistake and I filed N-336.

I didnt know you can go for another interview after denial. do you have to ask for it?

Did you disclose the battery charge in your application when you send the application?

Well if the final outcome is a felony on your record wouldnt that disqualifies anybody from bieng eligible for US citizenship?
If the outcome is a lesser charge, like a misdeanor then I dont think that theres a problem??!!:confused:

That all depends on the final outcome of the conviction, including the sentence term.

Well if the final outcome is a felony on your record wouldnt that disqualifies anybody from bieng eligible for US citizenship?
If the outcome is a lesser charge, like a misdeanor then I dont think that theres a problem??!!:confused:

Just becasue there has been a felony record, does not mean you are automaticaly banned to be a citizen. It will have to depend on what type of crime, and other facts such as the length of sentencing received for such crime. There are few other facts that under immigration statue to consider as well. It is a rather complicated process and not a clear cut as many would have thought.

Other way around is true as well. Just becasue there has been a mistemeanor, it could also be banned from being grant for citizenship if it has been determined individual not fit with GMT.

Last edited by a moderator:
it was a misdeneanor. suspeneded sentence 6 months and 1 year probation. not a domestic battery, simple battery.
I consulted with 3 lawyers before I filed and hey all said I should be fine.