Naturalization and previous illegal work on fraudulent papers

thrix

Registered Users (C)
My friend's wife is applying for citizenship in few months. She received GC after marrying USC. Her illegal stay & work was never mentioned on the interview.

Now she wants to apply for citizenship and what to answer if they ask about employment and using false SSN ?

She was working on cash (I know they will not findout about this), but once she used forged SSN to work using her name and ID. Number was not her.

Another time she used illegal papers with wrong name&number, etc. It was false documents.

It was many years ago before GC.

Is that going to be a big problem ?

My friend's wife is applying for citizenship in few months. She received GC after marrying USC. Her illegal stay & work was never mentioned on the interview.

Now she wants to apply for citizenship and what to answer if they ask about employment and using false SSN ?

She was working on cash (I know they will not findout about this), but once she used forged SSN to work using her name and ID. Number was not her.

Another time she used illegal papers with wrong name&number, etc. It was false documents.

I heard working illegally is forgien for US citizens's spouses that is why
Arnold Scherzinger can not be de-naturalized and deported

Wow.. I have seen people coming here asking for help on behalf of a friend - now it's friend's wife. Why is this friend of yours absent from the scene?

Wow.. I have seen people coming here asking for help on behalf of a friend - now it's friend's wife. Why is this friend of yours absent from the scene?

I don't know how your answer helps the original poster. We are here to help.

If you don't like the way the question is framed then just leave it and move on.

I don't know if USCIS really pursue people who commit a crime or an offense
for which they are not arrested. Perhaps Q 15 is only meaningful for crimes like murder and rape. But in theory, forging a fedearl documents can lead
to serious felony charge that can sentence offender to several years in jail.

The sad part about many immigrants is that they have to work for a living with whatever means necessary at their disposal. And this does not excuse the fact that many of them have violated laws by working ilegally.

But, what are you going to do? It's better to work than steal. If they want to kick you out because you were doing so, so be it. And finally my advice would be to disclose it at interview with the officer. Be proud. Working for a living is nothing to be ashamed of.-

OP how about taking your case to an immigration lawyer ( or your friends' wife's case)..

It is in the best interest of the applying person to try and get legal advice since she as you mentioned,, used a false SS #,, and also used false papers to work using her name and ID..

Get advice from a lawyer or two and see what they say.

Good luck :)

A friend of mine said it's best to speak to a lawyer about your wife's friend's special sitituation. :)

Was she ever arrested for working illegally? If not, she should be fine, there is precedence that illegal stay is forgiven for spouses of USC

I think you missed the intended pun by VisaNutz. This forum has recently seen a lot of queries where compassionate posters are trying to help their friends. I in fact started a thread just to confirm if I was the only one who observed this recent trend. I wasn't the only one.

I don't know how your answer helps the original poster. We are here to help.

If you don't like the way the question is framed then just leave it and move on.

I think you missed the intended pun by VisaNutz. This forum has recently seen a lot of queries where compassionate posters are trying to help their friends. I in fact started a thread just to confirm if I was the only one who observed this recent trend. I wasn't the only one.

I'm here long time and I'm not getting paid for anyone. Sometimes you don't know who is reading the forum and you want to say that your friends needs advise....

No one here was attacking a poster's absolute right to hide himself/herself. It was just an observation taking into consideration recent posts. Nothing more, nothing else. If it sounded like a personal attack, I apologise.
From a personal experience, not being anonymous, has helped me reunite with a friend of mine I had lost touch way back in 1985. She was able to recall my full name and deduce from my posts, my webpage link and my signature that I was indeed her class-mate in grade 9 :). Mileage will vary for different posters.

I'm here long time and I'm not getting paid for anyone. Sometimes you don't know who is reading the forum and you want to say that your friends needs advise....