Namechek ready, PD current, RD I-485 - 04/01/03 - what do I do now?

Mette

Registered Users (C)
I really need your advice. I filed my I-485 in April 2003 and was stuck in namecheck all this time. Now my namecheck is ready, my PD is current - and I'm still waiting!!! :mad: :mad: I called Vermont in January - they said my case is with the adjudicator and I will get a decision in 3 to 4 weeks. 4 weeks later - nothing :mad: I called them again yesterday - they said my case has not been updated recently, they can't give me any timeframe (!!!!), they can't tell me if it's with the adjudicator, they don't know anything (but they confirmed that my namecheck is cleared now).

In January I also received a response to my status inquiry made in November, telling me that my case is under review and I should get a notice of action from them in 60-90 days.

What do I do now? Frankly I'm so pissed off!!!!!!! :mad: Do I wait (for how long)? Do I go to the local office? Do I keep calling Vermont? Should I finally file a Writ of Mandamus? What are your suggestions in my situation?

Thank you,
Mette
Namecheck cleared

Buddy, first I think you need to calm down. Anger will not get you anywhere. Even if you file a lawsuit, the judge will be pissed off if you talk to him/her like this. Second, I believe that you can schedule an infopass with the district office and talk to an officer. It is my feeling that they have the best inside knowledge of how GC works, so they may be able to help you, provided that you are polite and good-mannered. After all, they are the ones who screwed up your files. After all this, I think you can relax and wait for a month or so. If still nothing, consult with your lawyer and maybe file a lawsuit, but be sure to keep records of all your contact with them, especially the appointment of infopass and the response you got from VSC. Good luck.

EA

Mette said:
I really need your advice. I filed my I-485 in April 2003 and was stuck in namecheck all this time. Now my namecheck is ready, my PD is current - and I'm still waiting!!! :mad: :mad: I called Vermont in January - they said my case is with the adjudicator and I will get a decision in 3 to 4 weeks. 4 weeks later - nothing :mad: I called them again yesterday - they said my case has not been updated recently, they can't give me any timeframe (!!!!), they can't tell me if it's with the adjudicator, they don't know anything (but they confirmed that my namecheck is cleared now).

In January I also received a response to my status inquiry made in November, telling me that my case is under review and I should get a notice of action from them in 60-90 days.

What do I do now? Frankly I'm so pissed off!!!!!!! :mad: Do I wait (for how long)? Do I go to the local office? Do I keep calling Vermont? Should I finally file a Writ of Mandamus? What are your suggestions in my situation?

Thank you,
Mette
Namecheck cleared

EAin2005, thank you! I'm very quiet, nice and polite with all of them, never show any of my feelings :) It's here that I can tell what's on my mind.

I will make an appointment with my local office. Thanks for the advice!