namecheck long waiters - old timers

yhq said:
hi,
I'm a poor 2001 waiter. My case is under security check as well(finger check is passed).
It's so sad to know this kind of check may take more than 1 year. My god, how do you guys spend this painful period?
As for me, it's so hard.
Wait for ever?

Don't feel bad. America is a land of opportunity. GC will come eventually. Meanwhile spend the time learning to start and run your own business, learn to invest in real estate etc. If I can be financially free by having my own business and 15 paid off properties, I don't mind where I live, here or my home country. Either one is good. Financial freedom, the freedom to control my own time is the thing I am mostly concerned about at this stage of life, well, GC as well, but that's out of my control.

Smile and get busy. Mind your own "business".

wac02-046

Frodo,

You know what I got an email from FBI two days back saying that my Name check has been completed and forwarded the resullts to BCIs-Nebraska.. donot know when they approve my I485.. tired of waiting....

ND - APR-27-2002
RFE 12-12-2003
RFE Replied 01/30/04
Name check completed 07/10/04
AD ???

pgk said:
Frodo,

You know what I got an email from FBI two days back saying that my Name check has been completed and forwarded the resullts to BCIs-Nebraska.. donot know when they approve my I485.. tired of waiting....

PGK,

That's goodnews! You should be approved soon. Hope your FP is current. I think I should contact FBI again to see if they've cleared my name check.

to unitednations

unitednations said:
FBI name check is done in conjunction with fingerprints and is done by the FBI whereas IBIS checks are done by the uscis. I believe the FBI check is for arrest records, warrants for arrest and terrorism watchlists.

Could you educate me a bit more ...I thought I read somewhere else in the forum that fingerprint check is done somewhere in W.Va (area code 304), whereas namecheck is done in Washington D.C (202 area code). If so, is it correct to assume these 2 checks done by FBI are done concurrently? I am asking this because I had my FP2 recently and CIS received the results of 'finger print' on 07/20/2004. I would like to avoid another fax/call to FBI to find out about 'namecheck', it is unnecessary.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Last edited by a moderator:
to unitednations

unitednations:

Thank you very much. I read from some postings in this forum that some RD/ND 2001 cases are pending FBI 'name check', hence my email. Plus, the discussion in the attached link made me think fingerprint check & name check are done at different locations/time:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g...selm=Es7Lb.85895$I07.420177@attbi_s53&rnum=13

Once gain, thank you for the clarifications.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to reply from FBI, my name check is still pending and the request was sent to FBI in Jan 2003. What did you do when you knew your name check was pending? Ping_Lu, frodo? Thanks.

OK here is an update and...I got an email from the FBI today in response to my inquiry. Here it is: " Reference is made to your facsimile dated July 19, 2004, concerning your immigration status. The FBI completed a record search for you on March 9, 2003, and the results were forwarded to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Sincerly yours,
i have to go through another one for adjudication, and it takes about 2 months to get it completed, so I think I am safe by saying that our case will not get approved before December 2004. making me pottentially part of the 2 years club...

I got the same response from FBI.

I got an email response from FBI 4 weeks after I faxed an inquiry.

" Reference is made to your facsimile dated July 8, 2004, concerning your immigration status. The FBI completed a record search for you on May 21, 2003, and the results were forwarded to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services."

Does it mean I am starting over again? It say 2003 not 2004.

ImmigrateMe
wac02-046-5xxxx

name check

can anyone clarify this?
when the FBI sends your name check status back to CIS , how long does the CIS have to react to the clearance? Is there a window (like say 90 days) for them to check the list? and if they do NOT check it within that window--does it drop out of the system?
Thanks!!

Another Name check victim...

I've been also waiting for my name check to complete. I submitted my fax for Name Check status around two weeks ago and still waiting for any response from FBI.

I recently requested an inquiry to USCIS about the status and they responded..."The processing of your case has been delayed. All applications received by this Service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of applications. As a result of the lack of manpower to complete the checks in timely manner, we have no control over how long these checks will take. We can give no definite indication of when they will be completed......"

Here are my details....

I-485
Receipt Number: EAC-02-110-53XXX
Receive Date: 1/29/2002
Notice Date: 2/13/2002
FP1 Date: 05/22/2002
RFE Date: 8/19/2003 (G-325A, EVL)
RFE Received: 11/6/2003
FP2 Date: 12/15/2003
AP Date: ????

AC21 case with job change < 180 days from I485 date.

I-140 (RIR)
RD: 01/22/2001
AD: 09/27/2001

I posted this question on this forum elswhere but did not get feedback. My Q is how one knows that it is now name check going on is it after 2nd Fp or something else. Is this is doen for everybody? Thanks

My 2 centss

Here is my 2 cents based on my observation.

I got approved with the name check that has been completed right after my I-485 appliation which is in December 2002. My ND is oct 2002. I got approved few days back.

Therefore, it is clear that there is no expiration for name check. Even though there is, USCIS might not follow this.

I think, they request FBI for name check right after (couple of months, or may be when they send FP notice) your I-485 notice date. If they get it done at any point of time, this doesn't become a preventing factor of a approval.

Therefore, yes name check for all is true. Everybody should check with FBI what's the status. If they get it done at any point of time during your I-485 processing, you shouldn't worry about this factor anymore. If they say they have never received, or not done. You can assume your approval could be stucked because of this.

THank You Sahin!

Sahin,
thanks you so much for posting this. It really helps clear things more for all us waiters when "approved" folks provide such insightful info. I really wish more approved folks could give some of their time in resolving many of these scary rumours.

Sachin Many thanks for clearing up confusion one more help, I tried to call the no of FBI but they have a mechine. If we leave what info they are asking will they normally call or send reply even if they have not done check. What is appropriate?

Fax

Fax is the proper way to check the status of your name check. Over the phone you won't get any answer. You might get hold on an officer, but he/she will ask to fax them with request. They will for sure get back to you either by fax/e-mail whatever you mentioned in your request in about one month. Beleive me. I did not hear anybody request this, did not hear from them.

Just write a small memo with your name, fax, social, alien no, LIN#, phone no.

I don't remember the fax no. However, you can search in this forum with a keyword "name check" or "IBIS". You will also find a sample letter somebody wrote from this forum. I kinda copied this letter and faxed it to FBI.

In case you dont find this, let me know I have this letter and fax no. at office. I will post this on monday. Today is weekend....You know.......

Even if FBI did not receive any request from USCIS, they will get back to you...

If they don't call FBI and ask for the office of "Mr X" who handle the name check and let his assistant know that You have sent a fax and did not have answer yet after one month or so. I beleive they will help you.

I will post the person name and phone no. on Monday. In case I forget send me an e-mail at "helal_96_ku@yahoo.com"

I got a reply to my fax for status on name check from FBI.

This is in reference to your facsimile dated August 6, 2004, concerning the immigration status of you and <wife name>. The FBI completed a record check for the both of you on September 24, 2003, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

From the above I gather name check is done as soon as USCIS receives I-485 application (my RD is 08/19/2003, name check completed on 09/24/2003).

I can'tl call myself an old timer yet, since my RD is 08/2003, but still thought I would update you all.

sertra2002

FBI response

So what do you do now? Why hasn't the CIS told you if it was cleared almost a year ago? Do you go to your local office and ask them to check it--what's your next step? (I'm in same position, still waiting on response from FBI but I have a feeling it will be same story as yours (that it cleared a long time ago-and I still haven't been notified).

Thanks..

How do I know if my name check is pending ?

Hello everyone,

How do I know if my name check is pending or not, before I fax my details to FBI. A little light on this will be appreciated.

I am a Jan 2003 filer.

Thanks in advance.
Jan2003Filer

My 2 cents About name check...

Guys

There are several name checks. I have read through SOP(Standandard Operating Procedures for 485).

1. CIA Check
2. DOS Check(If your visa Issued date is less than one year at the time of 485 filing). They will send G-325A to the Overseas embassy/Consulate/Dos. depends on where you got the visa.
3. FBI Check.

So guys Name check may be pending from overseas embassy.