Name problem on N-400

khetri

My name on my driver\'s license, passport and other legal documents is slightly different from my name on my green card. I have used the name for over 20 years although I have never legally changed it.
What do I put down on the legal name item on N-400? I would like to change my name legally during the naturalization process.
any advice would be appreciated.

Name Change

Use the legal name when you file your N-400. On your interview day, make sure to tell the officer that you want your name changed. He/she will have the appropriate papers and will do that for you, and for free!

Good luck.

Name Change

The Naturalization (N-400) application allows you to change your name legally. Should you wish to do so, please fill out Part 1, Section D.

As for having your name appear differently on various documents, you can provide that information also in Part 1 of the Naturalization (N-400) application.

Good Luck,
Homa

The writer of this message is not a lawyer and this message is not meant to be legal advice. Before relying on this information, you must consult a lawyer on the facts of your specific case. The Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna takes no responsibility for the accuracy of this information.