Name discrepancy between passport and birth certificate

usr_local

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

There is a slight discrepancy between my name in my birth certificate and my passport. In my passport, my last name is listed as murti and in my birth certificate it is listed as murthy.

My main question is would this cause the I-485 packet to be rejected as 'missing initial evidence' or will I just get an RFE later on...this slight discrepancy exists in other documents as well :-(

Also, I assume we only have to send a copy of the birth certificate and not original correct?

Pls let me know, your help is appreciated.

Hi,

There is a slight discrepancy between my name in my birth certificate and my passport. In my passport, my last name is listed as murti and in my birth certificate it is listed as murthy.

My main question is would this cause the I-485 packet to be rejected as 'missing initial evidence' or will I just get an RFE later on...this slight discrepancy exists in other documents as well :-(
-------------------Attach the 2 affidavit from parents stating that ……. Murthy or Murti are same person and list the name, DOB, place of birth AND also attach one affidavit from YOUR side that Murthy and Murti are same person. Lawyer knows the correct language to use on affidavits

Also, I assume we only have to send a copy of the birth certificate and not original correct?
-------------Copy
Pls let me know, your help is appreciated.

-----------------