Name Check

Nope, not anymore. You used to be able to call FBI who does the check and if you got really lucky they told you but now they just tell you we can't - won't give you the Info and then Bye ...
Sorry, you just have to wait but if you haven't gotten an IL you are still stuck in the Name Check more then likely because that is what they started doing. If you are not cleared you won't get an IL.

Ladybuggy :D

Sure, Desi2Go, what is your processing center? Good luck.

Application received : 08/31/2006

FP : 09/22/2006 (El Monte, CA)

Interview
Letter Received : 10/25/2006

Interview Date : 12/14/2006 (for both me and my wife. El Monte, CA)

CitiBabu said:
Yeap, I want to be free in the land of freedom ASAP... :)

Hi CitiBabu,

Congrats! I am still waiting for my case status to disappear and I am strongly keeping the faith.

Based on the Chicago DO timeline, I have nothing to worry about right now. My hunch is that I am in stage 2 of the name check process (i.e. a manual search needs to be done) - however I could be wrong. I will certainly keep you posed.

Congrats again!

eo23,
You wrote:
9-20-06: Cleared FP Sent Back From FBI to USCIS

How do you know about FP clearance from FBI?

I have had my FP done in Hartford on Sep 5th, but still no updates on the website or IL from the DO. Just wondering should I make an INFOPASS appointment.

Thanks.

zamindar said:
eo23,
You wrote:
9-20-06: Cleared FP Sent Back From FBI to USCIS

How do you know about FP clearance from FBI?

I have had my FP done in Hartford on Sep 5th, but still no updates on the website or IL from the DO. Just wondering should I make an INFOPASS appointment.

Thanks.

You can call the FBI number which somewhere in this thread. This will only tell you whether your FP have been cleared and NOT name check, they stopped informing the public over the phone regarding name check status.

I am in the same boat as you right now and I am planning to schedule an infopass at the end of November, I am trying to wait it out, based on the Chicago DO, I should expect to receive an IL starting END of next week up until around Thanksgiving. I would suggest check the Hartford DO and give yourself a range of when you should expect it, if it is really delayed then an infopass would be necessary.

Here's the number for the FBI to check whether they have sent back your fingerprints to USCIS.

1 304-625-2000, option 3

Ladybuggy said:
Sorry, you just have to wait but if you haven't gotten an IL you are still stuck in the Name Check more then likely because that is what they started doing. If you are not cleared you won't get an IL.

With due respect to Ladybuggy, this is not true. I received my interview letter around May 2006 and had my interview on July 11, 2006 (which I passed). It was there I learned about the National Name Check and how I was stuck in it. Sigh.........

Just for reference my local field office is the St. Paul, MN one... not sure if procedures differ between offices.

pg8104 said:
With due respect to Ladybuggy, this is not true. I received my interview letter around May 2006 and had my interview on July 11, 2006 (which I passed). It was there I learned about the National Name Check and how I was stuck in it. Sigh.........

Just for reference my local field office is the St. Paul, MN one... not sure if procedures differ between offices.

hi pg8104,

You are lucky to have had your interview, new regulation stipulates that an interview letter will NOT be issued until the name check has been cleared. Since it has been more than 120 days since you took your interview, you can sue and file a WOM.

Basically, USCIS placed these new rules to shift the complete accountability and responsibility of one's processing time from them to the FBI.

eo23 said:
hi pg8104,

You are lucky to have had your interview, new regulation stipulates that an interview letter will NOT be issued until the name check has been cleared. Since it has been more than 120 days since you took your interview, you can sue and file a WOM.

Basically, USCIS placed these new rules to shift the complete accountability and responsibility of one's processing time from them to the FBI.

EO thanks for the response, I learned about the new rules after I posted that... sorry :)

Anyways, doesn't it cost money to sue/file a WOM? How successful is this? Thanks for the info!

pg8104 said:
EO thanks for the response, I learned about the new rules after I posted that... sorry :)

Anyways, doesn't it cost money to sue/file a WOM? How successful is this? Thanks for the info!

I am far from any expert, you might want to consult the other two threads in the this forum deadling with name check and suing, you will find them at the top of the page. Good luck man.

When did this new law go into affect that IL will not be issued until name check is cleared.

I got my IL letter last week and wondering if I fall in the new rule.
My DO is in San Jose.