Name Check??

srikar45

Registered Users (C)
I got mail from Mumbai Consul that my interview is on June 16th.I am wondering that i need to any Name Check before interview or they would be doing during/after interview..

NVC to Consulate

what exactly your priority date is ?
When was the case forwarded to Bombay Consulate from NVC?

Here are my details...

PD:10/22/2001
NVC to Bombay : 03/30/2005
Interview date : Unknown
Wrote email this Monday got reply that not interview scheduled yet...

srikar45 said:
I got mail from Mumbai Consul that my interview is on June 16th.I am wondering that i need to any Name Check before interview or they would be doing during/after interview..

you should initiate your name check as soon as you arrive in India. Email them or visit the consulate the day you arrive. Any delay will delay your GC

What !!! Initiate name check ---Aa bail Mujhe Maar....?
Confused ! I guess consulate do name check randomly

Hey y'all:

From what I've gathered, NWD (New Delhi) is asking all CP interviewees who reside outside India, to contact the consulate (in person or vial email) on their arrival in India. They initiate the name check,at that point, and it takes about 5 business days. If you have your interview soon after your arrival, they *may* tell you at the interview that you have to wait until the check is over before the immigrant visa can be issued. There was a case of this nature which is in the forums --- I'll dig up a link later.

So, the best advice seems to be to arrive about 5 days before one's interview date.

[What I don't know, and not that I'm encouraging anyone to be intentionally misleading, is how the consulate knows that you're actually in India, if one just sends an email! :D ]

GS28 said:
Hey y'all:

From what I've gathered, NWD (New Delhi) is asking all CP interviewees who reside outside India, to contact the consulate (in person or vial email) on their arrival in India. They initiate the name check,at that point, and it takes about 5 business days. If you have your interview soon after your arrival, they *may* tell you at the interview that you have to wait until the check is over before the immigrant visa can be issued. There was a case of this nature which is in the forums --- I'll dig up a link later.

So, the best advice seems to be to arrive about 5 days before one's interview date.

[What I don't know, and not that I'm encouraging anyone to be intentionally misleading, is how the consulate knows that you're actually in India, if one just sends an email! :D ]

I think its best to email the concerned consulate and ask them specifically this question.

P3 received at NVC 5/4/05
Under Review........

why wait?

So why wait ? Apply for FBI name check now if only a request via email is accecptable....
My interview is 06/07/2005 at Mumbai consulate by reading this thread
I am worried now ,Worried because I am trying to get information on
how to apply/request a name check & not finding any info....

Please let us know if anyone have any idea about name check?

Mine is also in June , at Mumbai.
Would appreciate any inputs on what needs to be done for Name check process

Reply from Mumbai Consulate about Name Check

Reply from Mumbai Consulate about Name Check:
To my question about FBI name check ,Reply from US Consulate in Mumbai

--- "MUMBAI, I V" <MUMBAIIV@state.gov> wrote:
> The name check is done automatically by the officer at the
> time of the interview.
>
> Regards,
> MM
>

Name Check

dan4gc said:
Mine is also in June , at Mumbai.
Would appreciate any inputs on what needs to be done for Name check process

You need to send them an email (what I did)
Include your case number
Name, date of birth, any other names used

Date of Interview

Also include all the other family members who are interviewing with you.

Lp_cp_nwd

So you mean to say we can request a name check even when we are in US -As my date of interview is 06/07/2005 & I am planing to leave 1st june from US...
As per your posting it seems you requested Name check , Did you got any reply to that request or anything......
Please share you info....

ansarianas said:
So you mean to say we can request a name check even when we are in US -As my date of interview is 06/07/2005 & I am planing to leave 1st june from US...
As per your posting it seems you requested Name check , Did you got any reply to that request or anything......
Please share you info....

Well I scheduled an email to go out from my OUtlook on the day I was reaching India. I got an automated response but nothing specific. During the interview when they asked for the documents the person checked the FBI name check column on the form (so I presumed it was complete before my interview).