Name Check

it_guy

Registered Users (C)
Does anybody not get response from FBI about his name check like me for a month?

I am really tired of waitting for their reply since Oct 5th, But I can do nothing. I called them this morning and they said it could be three, four weeks or more, after i asked the meaning of 'more' , SHE said "don't know".

There is no way i can find out if my name check is cleared or not, but uscis said it is not, the worst case is that my name check is not clear right now, how long do i have to wait for that?
does anybody knows how to deal with this situation except waitting? any thoughts will be appreciated.

I140/1485 pending from May 2003

Hi IT_Guy,

You'll get your reply in about a week. I had sent a similar mail on Sep29'04
and today I got the reply from FBI. Looks like my name check has been done even before I had appeared for FP.

The following is the message

Dear Mr. XXXX,

I am responding to your e-mail dated September 29, 2004, requesting for status of an FBI Name Check.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database concerning Mr.XXXX revealed a request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on October 22, 2003 and finalized on October 23, 2003. The results were forwarded to USCIS.