valerit1

Registered Users (C)
I went through the natulalization interview
about a month ago. Everything fine, and the guy
said it is recommended I be given citizenship
BUT - they cannot do it because my name check
is pending. How ridiculous - expedited interview -
everything went real fast only to be halted by the
name check shit afterwards! Anyone had this experience? What was the outcome and time frame?
Thanks!

Val

I interviewed with USCIS on 4/20 and still waiting for the background check to be cleared. It is just wrong to take that much of time to do the background check. On the second thought, we just don't know if FBI start conducting the background check, because there is no way to find out. I know there are quite a few people in this forum stuck in the name for a couple of years and did not get it cleared until they sue the USCIS.

valerit1 said:
name check shit afterwards! Anyone had this experience? What was the outcome and time frame?
Thanks!

Val

I interviewed last month and experienced the same fate as you. However, today I received a notice to show up for the oath. So maybe things are moving.

There was no mentioning of any kind of name check pending in my case. But I called up USCIS after 4 months and they send me an email saying that they need to do a background check on me and then only they can proceed with my case. But I dont know if that means name check ?

any comments?
timeline
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
june 2005 - applied

dec/2005 - fingerprint

feb/2006 - interview

during interview- address change issue, so the officer couldnt make a
decision

may/2006(118th day after the interview)- called up the NCSC to find out
about the status - assured me that i will get a reply in 30 days

june/2006- got an email from USCIS field office saying that they cannot
proceed until they finish the background check

Oath letter/apporval- ??????????????

futureuscitizen said:
There was no mentioning of any kind of name check pending in my case. But I called up USCIS after 4 months and they send me an email saying that they need to do a background check on me and then only they can proceed with my case. But I dont know if that means name check ?

any comments?
timeline
june 2005 - applied

dec/2005 - fingerprint

feb/2006 - interview

decision

yes it is name check.

if it is just a namecheck why is it taking more than 4 months and they didnt even mention it after the interview or anytime later?

futureuscitizen said:
if it is just a namecheck why is it taking more than 4 months and they didnt even mention it after the interview or anytime later?

name check could take years...it is a black hole and no one knows for sure what goes in there.

name check

I intereviewed about three months ago and am still waiting for the name check.

valerit1 said:
Thanks!

Val

my major question

How do you know if they are doing a name check on your case, the main reason behind the delay of reply.

did u find out through customer service or asked the interviewer?????????

FBI does not have a hotline for you to check the status of your name check. However, FBI do have a email address that you can write to request the status of your name check. (fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov) I emailed them about 1 and a half month ago and did not get any response. Who knows if they really care about the emails. Some people on this forum write to president, senator or representative. Some worked and some didn't.

futureuscitizen said:
my major question

How do you know if they are doing a name check on your case, the main reason behind the delay of reply.

did u find out through customer service or asked the interviewer?????????

valerit1 said:
and the guy
is pending.

Val

Val, did you get some form of paper/notice at the end of the interview and what did it say in there -- that whether "you've passed the interview and have been recommended for oath or something like that" or "a decision cannot be made at this time due to background check pending"?

futureuscitizen said:

any comments?
timeline
june 2005 - applied

dec/2005 - fingerprint

feb/2006 - interview

decision

sue them.....

In order for me to do that, I need to be inside US atleast. Because I really dont feel like spending some $5000 for the lawyer, becaue its more than I can handle.

Hello zzerous

If i dont think its a namecheck . have a look at this

http://www.visalaw.com/06jun1/13jun106.html

read the 3rd para

he USCIS memo points out that courts have not been approving naturalization applications where all background checks have not been resolved and have only occasionally given the FBI and USCIS deadlines where the delay has been upwards of four years. To prevent further filings under this section, USCIS will now refrain from scheduling naturalization interviews until all background checks, including the FBI name check, are completed.

So for sure its not the namecheck in my case.

futureuscitizen - hopefully

futureuscitizen said:
In order for me to do that, I need to be inside US atleast. Because I really dont feel like spending some $5000 for the lawyer, becaue its more than I can handle.
buddy,i dont know who gave u the 5000$ rate for suing uscis...
u ca do it urself //it is not rocket science..almost everyone(90%)of the ppl suing uscis are doing it by them selves...plz go to publicus thread...

u will see there for your self...

aashn said:
Val, did you get some form of paper/notice at the end of the interview and what did it say in there -- that whether "you've passed the interview and have been recommended for oath or something like that" or "a decision cannot be made at this time due to background check pending"?

Exactly

explain

so anyone scheduled for an interview should assume the name check and other stuff is all complete?? please explain ........i have my interview next month..