name check- policy changed?

sisy

Registered Users (C)
I called NSC twice in July, both IO told that the NC was cleared. Later, on Aug-2 infopass appointment, the IO told me NC is pending. -- shown as "Dices". If it is "Dices", it should mean there are many matches due to the popular name.

I am just wondering the name check policy changed. If NC is in "Dices" status for several months, NSC will treat it as cleared?

I called again today, and NSC IO said he prohibited to provide any informaion over the phone.

SISY,

The name check policy never changed according to my readings in the last four years. Only issue is the delay from FBI when ever we run into DICES. They take it easy and put them aside and move on with other cases as they may be having some metrics.

So, we need to push them by all means. The curent method every one of us following is to write a letter to the First Lady (Mrs. Laura Bush) at White House and her office will be forwarding the same to FBI for a follow up. This has worked in some cases and their names were cleared after expediting the process from hold status.

In order to do that, you need to submit a written proof from USCIS that you have been struck in name check. So, raise a service request and attach the letter you receive to follow up with the First Lady's office. Also, you can write to The Ombudsman Office at USCIS by filling the appropriate form available on USCIS site.

Wish you good luck.

Regards

Sail1

hope

Hi, Sail1,
Thank you! Will write the letter. I am still holding my hope that my NC check is cleared as the two IO in NSC said so, even if IO of infopass informed it is pending.

When you believe, there will be a miracle...

SISY,

The name check policy never changed according to my readings in the last four years. Only issue is the delay from FBI when ever we run into DICES. They take it easy and put them aside and move on with other cases as they may be having some metrics.

So, we need to push them by all means. The curent method every one of us following is to write a letter to the First Lady (Mrs. Laura Bush) at White House and her office will be forwarding the same to FBI for a follow up. This has worked in some cases and their names were cleared after expediting the process from hold status.

In order to do that, you need to submit a written proof from USCIS that you have been struck in name check. So, raise a service request and attach the letter you receive to follow up with the First Lady's office. Also, you can write to The Ombudsman Office at USCIS by filling the appropriate form available on USCIS site.

Wish you good luck.

Regards

Sail1
Instead of a letter from USCIS can I attach a letter from my congressman which says that my case is awaiting a final background check and it also provides the link to the namecheck section of the FBI's web page?

ZKHAN,

Sure, you can do that. Also, make sure that you attach the following:

1. Labor approval
2. I-140 approval (if not filed concurrent) or Receipt Notice (if filed concurrent)
3. I-485 Receipt Notice
4. Any other correspondence from USCIS (if applicable)

Wish you good luck.

Regards

Sail1

I talked with NC customer service and raised SR on July 11th. Received a letter from them last week stating that background check is open. So far I haven't contacted any congress men or senator. Is it ok to contact them now and wait for sometime.