Name Check issue

asmodean

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have sent an email to FBI in Mid-January regarding our (my wife and mine) name checks. Haven't heard anything from them yet. I guess they are still replying to December emails.

Meanwhile, I talked to someone at Vermont about our cases and she told me that my wife's checks are cleard and they are yet to hear from FBI about my checks.

Now, what is my next course of action? Should I wait till FBI responds to my January email before doing anything? Or, since I know that USCIS is waiting to hear from FBI, can/should I be doing something to get the ball rolling?

Please Advise.

You just have to wait. FBI doesn't accept any expedite request. Besides, you didn't mention your dates, so no one really know you deserve sympathy :p

Last edited by a moderator:
My Suggestion

Try sending email to the FBI so that they are aware of your name etc... also try sending letter to Hardy with reason for expedite.. based on my observation if u r waiting for more than year and there was no genuine reason for hold up there is 50-50 chance that they might clear ur record based on the email or letter. so dont give up keep trying. Good luck

glrao said:
Try sending email to the FBI so that they are aware of your name etc... also try sending letter to Hardy with reason for expedite.. based on my observation if u r waiting for more than year and there was no genuine reason for hold up there is 50-50 chance that they might clear ur record based on the email or letter. so dont give up keep trying. Good luck

My info: Applied 140/485 in EB2 in December 2003. Did FP in Nov 2004. Sent an email to FBI regarding name check status in Jan 2005 (no response yet). Yesterday, I sent a FAX to FBI for FOIPA.

Anything else that I need to do other than waiting? Thanks for your response, glroa.