Name Check Help Please

rtinkam

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I want to know what exactly the name check thing means??

If online status on I-485 says "finger print results have arrived on so and so date and the processing has been resumed on your case blaw.......... blaw" what does this mean especially when the priority date is current caz in this case the priority date is current. I want to know does this mean NAME check is also over already?? If not how long does that take and who can help me on knowing whether or not I need to undergo name check. Does every I-485 applicant has to go through this? This was filed in VERMONT.

Name check is different from FP. USCIS sends a name check request to FBI for all 485 applicants. You do not have to do anything. The time for this check varies from person to person. Some cases slip thru the cracks and take a long time while some cases it is a matter of a day. All you can do is send a email to FBI asking for the status of your name check. For email id and template for that email search on this forum, there are tons of threads on this.

Thanks waitingforgc on that.

Can any one send me the email ID to know the name check was done or not. Thanks.