Name check finally cleared!

sory to hear that but it is not that bad. u have to get ur name cleared soon now.

can u tell me what are the dates on the letter and does it mention when ur letter to first lady was rece3ived by fbi?

by the way, from which country are u originally and is ur name / last name very common?

No, definitely better than what captain got. So, I'll take that as a positive. The letter does not mention when the WH forwarded the letter to the DoJ and subsequently the FBI. My country of nativity is India (country of chargeability is Japan). Neither my first nor my last name are common.
Maybe they're matching all names that begin with the letter K and last names that begin with the letter S.
Sarcasm is pretty much all I've got :)

No, definitely better than what captain got. So, I'll take that as a positive. The letter does not mention when the WH forwarded the letter to the DoJ and subsequently the FBI. My country of nativity is India (country of chargeability is Japan). Neither my first nor my last name are common.
Maybe they're matching all names that begin with the letter K and last names that begin with the letter S.
Sarcasm is pretty much all I've got :)

in my perosnal opinion, letters to first lady with FOIPA attached, have a higher chance of getting cleared directly once FBI receive them. it is my observation, again this is for most cases and not always.

I think my NC is cleared

Hi,
I wrote a letter to FL on 02/23/07 and got the resopnse from FBI on 04/25/07. I just sent a letter in plain english requesting to help to clear the NC. I attached my 485 notice and the letter from USCIS statying 'the case is pending because of name checks'.
----------------
The letter says " The letter dated.. directed to Mrs. G.W. Bush concerning your name check status for immigration was forwared to FBI.."
" ... that your request was received from USCIS on 10/21/2005. This submission was processed and finalized on 04/14/2007. The results were forwared to the ISCIS HQ, DC"
==

Hi,
I wrote a letter to FL on 02/23/07 and got the resopnse from FBI on 04/25/07. I just sent a letter in plain english requesting to help to clear the NC. I attached my 485 notice and the letter from USCIS statying 'the case is pending because of name checks'.
----------------
The letter says " The letter dated.. directed to Mrs. G.W. Bush concerning your name check status for immigration was forwared to FBI.."
" ... that your request was received from USCIS on 10/21/2005. This submission was processed and finalized on 04/14/2007. The results were forwared to the ISCIS HQ, DC"
==

I have a strong belief that FBI - does cleaning process on applications waiting 1.5 years, every month....I see lot of people making it through at this mark....

I think 1.5 years is FBI's internal clock to process namecheck...

I have a strong belief that FBI - does cleaning process on applications waiting 1.5 years, every month....I see lot of people making it through at this mark....

I think 1.5 years is FBI's internal clock to process namecheck...

not true, look at waiting4ages in tsc 485 forum in the last few weeks. after 8 months of waiting he sent a letter to first lady and his name got cleared thereafter. i know another person with the same timeline and got his name cleared by fbi after first lady request. in summary the 1.5 years is not right.

not true, look at waiting4ages in tsc 485 forum in the last few weeks. after 8 months of waiting he sent a letter to first lady and his name got cleared thereafter. i know another person with the same timeline and got his name cleared by fbi after first lady request. in summary the 1.5 years is not right.

but banta is talking about fbi routine if you don't send any expedite request!

Guys:

As an update, both me and wife received FP2 - Biometric notices (code 3) today. The notices are dated April 19 (stamped April 26). Incidentally, I had called TSC on April 26 to inquire about FP2. We have our biometrics appointments on May 10 at Newark, NJ.

We had code 1 fingerprints back in August 2005.

Our 485 cases were transferred to TSC on March 7, 2007.

Cool!!! are you very much excited? do you think you are close to approval? Initially i was thinking but now I am not now because i felt it is a kind of TSC routine process of keeping FP updated (clean drive is going on at TSC :))

I also got code 3 FP notice. Another mass FP notice....

my NC got cleared in Mar 07

Guys:

As an update, both me and wife received FP2 - Biometric notices (code 3) today. The notices are dated April 19 (stamped April 26). Incidentally, I had called TSC on April 26 to inquire about FP2. We have our biometrics appointments on May 10 at Newark, NJ.

We had code 1 fingerprints back in August 2005.

Our 485 cases were transferred to TSC on March 7, 2007.

But still no approvals.
I didn't get any FP notice either, Code 2 FP was done last year in Nov.

Does anybody know what the timeline is to see an approval after the N/C gets cleared?
Thanks

But still no approvals.

Does anybody know what the timeline is to see an approval after the N/C gets cleared?
Thanks

what are your case details? and how your namecheck got cleared, did u ask the help of someone in the goverment?

But still no approvals.

Thanks

Well, you would not receive a FP notice again because you had FP taken recently- in Nov. last year - fingerprints expire only after 15 months. Your FP are still current.

I got FP2 notice since my first FP was done in August 2005.

Don't worry - your NC was cleared in March 2007 - so, 45 - 60 days is not very long in USCIS land:)

Actually, just now saw LUD. We had FP2 this morning.

Strangely, after the FP2, the message changed back to "On March 7, 2007, this case was transferred to the Texas Service Center." Me and my wife received e-mails from CRIS to that effect as well.

Earlier, the message was "Pending at Texas Service Center"

Looks like a computer glitch!

Did finger prints(2nd) just now at Newark.
--Naveen Oshos

Strangely, after the FP2, the message changed back to "On March 7, 2007, this case was transferred to the Texas Service Center." Me and my wife received e-mails from CRIS to that effect as well.

It is normal and not a computer glitch..

I also did my FP on 5/5 but no LUDs yet. So your case is very promising ..All the best Akayal1973

Hi Akayal1973,

How I can find out if my name has got cleared? I have read POJ technique. Do you know what is it? Also would you be able to put more details what I should include in the letter to first lady. What documents shall I send to her. Thanks in advance for your or anyone else's help in this matter.