Name check cleared and upcoming address change...Pros/cons???

kathy_da

Registered Users (C)
My husband just received notification that his name check cleared
(02/24/2007). His Rd is Jan 2005 - EB3 from woldwide quota.

At this time we are considering a possible relocation to a different state but will remain within VSC jurudisction.

Since we are now expecting FP2 from VSC , we would like some advice from all the experienced folks on pros/cons of the address change in light of future FP2 and subsequent 485 approval. Please provide suggestions on how we can make a smooth transition :) Thanks in advance to everyone.

How did you find out about the NC clearance?

Address change is not a big deal at all.
Just call up VSC customer line and inform them about your address change.
They will send all docs to the new address.
Also don't forget the AR-11 form. I believe that can be done online now.

nj_skm

Do get in touch with your attorney

In my case even though I changed my address properly with USCIS, sometimes they may send it to old address, but this happens rarely.
So, I sent a written mail to USCIS about address change and mailed
to VSC after I came to know that my FP notices were sent to old address.
You need to give information about your A#, Receipt numbers etc.,

And for me I got the FP notices from my lawyer who filed I-485
and we gave the FP on the correct date mentioned in the receipt.
So, if you are expecting FP notices then you will get them and your
lawyer also will get them, so make sure your company/lawyer has
your updated address change and keep in touch with them.

Thanks for all the info. We are hoping that USCIS will send all future correspondence accurately to the new address :)
Regarding the name check, we pursued this thru the First Lady's office back in Nov '06. Last wkend, we got a letter from NNCP/FBI that this had been processed and sent back to USCIS. It definitely works !!!!
thanks again for the input.

Thanks for all the info. We are hoping that USCIS will send all future correspondence accurately to the new address :)
Regarding the name check, we pursued this thru the First Lady's office back in Nov '06. Last wkend, we got a letter from NNCP/FBI that this had been processed and sent back to USCIS. It definitely works !!!!
thanks again for the input.

I already got an answer from USCIS that my NC is done with FBI and I`m pending Security Checks outside of USCIS. In your opinion, should I contact mrs Bush like u did?

Change of State to different Service Center

If I change from NJ that falls under VSC to NC that falls under a different Service Center, are there any implications ?