Name check clearance - how long valid?

sree2005

Registered Users (C)
Does any know how long the Name check clearance is valid? Is there any rule for NC also like FP valid for 15 months? Does USCIS request 2nd time name check if needed?

Please share inputs.

Thanks,

marooned42

Registered Users (C)
Does any know how long the Name check clearance is valid? Is there any rule for NC also like FP valid for 15 months? Does USCIS request 2nd time name check if needed?

FBI NC clearance is typically valid for the duration of that I-485's life. So it doesn't expire like FPs do. Rarely, USCIS ends up asking for an FBI NC more than once. As long as the latest NC request is cleared, it should not be a blocking factor.

zzzz4zzzz

Registered Users (C)
FBI NC clearance is typically valid for the duration of that I-485's life. So it doesn't expire like FPs do. Rarely, USCIS ends up asking for an FBI NC more than once. As long as the latest NC request is cleared, it should not be a blocking factor.

NC will be there until your 485 will approve or denied
When you apply 485 once again then they'll initiate once again
if you previous 485 is still valid and pending then NC will clear in no time
but if your previous 485 denied then they'll issue new NC once again

sree2005

Registered Users (C)
zzzz4zzzz & marooned42 : THANKS

zzzz4zzzz & marooned42,

Thanks for your inputs.

I was asking to make sure my wife's NC is still valid (it was cleared two yrs back) and ready for Oct approvals.

meranumkabayega

Registered Users (C)
Depending on whom you speak to, it could be valid for as less as 24 hours. eg: I call today and will be told it is cleared, tomorrow it is not cleared...:D
j/k.

sree2005

Registered Users (C)
yes, that's if you talk to them over phone

Depending on whom you speak to, it could be valid for as less as 24 hours. eg: I call today and will be told it is cleared, tomorrow it is not cleared...:D
j/k.

yes, that's if you talk to TSC over phone, they make all sorts of fun.

In our case, my wife received written letters from FBI (in response to our request to FL), senator and congress woman. All these 3 sources indicating us that her NC is cleared on 8/31/05. That's why I believe it.