Name check and LUD

akela

Registered Users (C)
Can forum members help me with the following query. If you see the same question has been asked by other members as well.
Can you look at the LUD and say that your Name Check is clear or not?
This is what is goig on. Withing 1-2 days of your Biometrics the LUD changes. This is I guess that your biometrics were recieved by USCIS or sent for Name check or whatever. Then there is a LUD change in a week. Is this the reply from FBI saying that no record found? I mean everything is ok?

I ahve seen people who are stuck did not get the email after a week. Is this the right assesment?

http://www.fbi.gov/page2/nationalnamecheck.htm

The majority of name checks submitted on a data tape are electronically checked and returned to the submitting agency as having "No Record" within 48-72 hours. A "No Record" indicates that the FBI's UNI database contains no identifiable information regarding a particular individual. Duplicate submissions (i.e., identically spelled names with identical dates of birth submitted within the last 120 days) are not checked, and the duplicate findings are returned immediately to the submitting agency

Thanks in advance,
akela

I also have similar question,
My 485 recived date is oct 2, fp notice date was oct 10 which is scheduled for nov 2, But I had a LUD on Oct 24 without any status change. I was wondering if that lud has something to do with name check??
do they send name check after finger print or they do it independent of fingerprinting ??

sorry
1. what's LUD?
2. I filed i485 in may 2004. how do you know the file is pending in namecheck?

thank you!

This issue has come up multiple times and the answer you will get is that nobody knows what LUDs before and after fingerprinting indicate. It's as good as trying to read tea leaves. There have been several instances where applicants did not get a single LUD after FP and got I-485 approval within 6-months. In other cases, some people with LUDs are stuck in namecheck. My advice - don't read into these things and just wait till the USCIS processing dates have crossed your receipt dates.