Name check – a very interesting story

venkat04

Registered Users (C)
One of my friends sent a fax to FBI to inquire his name check status in mid October 2004. He didn’t receive any response from FBI.

However his I-485 got approved in mid November ’04 and PP stamped also received cards on 5-January-2005.

Surprisingly, he received a letter from FBI on February 4, 2005 saying that his name check has been completed on January 25, 2005 and sent results to USCIS.

If that is the case what is the requirement of name check? Is there any real meaning in the FBI Name check?
Any body has similar experience?

I see your logic . But this is what could have happened .

(a) Too many customers started complaining about name check mess starting in Oct 04 .

(b) Some big boss conducted a meeting at VSC and asked the subordinates to conduct 2nd time name check on those , whose is missing .

(c) The guy who actually sends the name check requests to FBI , instead fo digging and sending only limited number , sent big bunch may be a million names again for name check . That is eay for him to do .

But the result is FBI is doing name check even for those who are already approved and not doing name check on cases like mine . Too much stress on the FBI's human resources .

I can not think of naything else .

-Sunny

broken promise!!!

:mad: :mad:

It is the broken promise and trust from USCIS part which is causing unnecessary stress on many people. Hope to get over this cycle soon...