n600k story

vmgnz

Registered Users (C)
i will be short and point out my experence
in Jan. 2015 i requested citizenship throught granparents for my daughter .
i started the process sending 600 american dollars with all the documents required i was running out of time because my daughter would have turned 18 on the the 4.9.2015 before doing this i had to pick wich office i had to go to, making some reserach on this forum Irvinghton NJ wass the best for quickness.
i had pointed out that my daughter would have turned 18 on the above date and we had approx six months of time ( i was already an us citizen by birth from my dad that was in the army) wel, they where so fax i couldn't believe that they asked me by email in a month time where i wanted the interview .
we left from italy on the 10 of july and had our interview on the 15 july in Irvinghton.
Now comes the best part when they called us for the interview we stepped in the oayh room nobody was there
after a couple of minutes a lady came in and asked my daughter to sign her certificate did the oath nobody was there expect the federal employee and bam my daughter became an american citizen .
i was so shocked i could't belive that so i asked the federal employee that i thought she would have been asked the famous question , he looked at me with a strange smile and told me we are still in time for that if you want
i laughed back and said no thanks.

Hi there, from me as well! I want to fill the N600K for my children (5 and 3 1/2 years old, boy and girl respectively), I have a US citizenship, never been to USA though. My father has a US citizenship and has been there from 1960 - 1975. He wants to fill the form requested (N600K) in order to provide my children with a US citizenship as well. The questions that i have :

- He has to be there (USA) in order to pass the interview? Can he pass the interview in the US Embassy in Athens?
- I have to go there as well, as the parent and having the US citizenship?
- Do my children also have to be there?
- He has all previous passports and evidences that he graduated from highs cool and university there and worked there; as well as Social Security Number (he also receives a pension from the State.
The grand father (my father) has not gone to the States since 1975. Is this a problem regarding our effort to provide my children with a US citizenship?
-Do we need to send the 1170 /child in cash upon our application?
-Do we have to be careful with something else?

I would be grateful if someone who knew all or some of these queries of mine could assist. Any extra tip is highly appreciated as I do not have any idea about this and the embassy, does not assist..

Many thanks in advance,

Hi there, from me as well! I want to fill the N600K for my children (5 and 3 1/2 years old, boy and girl respectively), I have a US citizenship, never been to USA though. My father has a US citizenship and has been there from 1960 - 1975. He wants to fill the form requested (N600K) in order to provide my children with a US citizenship as well. The questions that i have :

- He has to be there (USA) in order to pass the interview? Can he pass the interview in the US Embassy in Athens?
- He has all previous passports and evidences that he graduated from highs cool and university there and worked there; as well as Social Security Number (he also receives a pension from the State.
The grand father (my father) has not gone to the States since 1975. Is this a problem regarding our effort to provide my children with a US citizenship?

I would be grateful if someone who knew all or some of these queries of mine could assist. Any extra tip is highly appreciated as I do not have any idea about this and the embassy, does not assist..

Many thanks in advance,

Many thanks in advance,

Hello,
Well the father can fill the n600k with alle the info they require aftwerds He must send with form and addizional prodotto the He essere in the state for about 5 Hearts 2 must be after the age of 14 send the check for the amount should be 600 us dollars to the address given remember that the to choose a ins office ( i went to theone in irvinghton NJ they where ok and very fast in responding remember that if you have any questions tell him to write it on the form. then you Will receive via email asking when you desire the interview but the Children must go in the states for the interview.the have to studi the civics.thats it
if you have any questions i will be glad to answer.

Many thanks in advance,
The children have to be in the US for the interview and the oath. Once you get the interview notice, they go to the US as visitors (either B2 visa, or enter on VWP if they are on a passport that is part of VWP, e.g. Greek passport) to attend the interview and oath. Note that to enter as visitors they must not have immigrant intent; so you and your children should intend to remain residing abroad. You would go with your children; I am not sure whether your father has to be there or not.

It doesn't matter how long ago the physical presence was, as long as it was for 5 years including 2 years after turning 14. It's better to have many more years of evidence just in case.

Each N-600K application costs $1170, sent when submitting the application.