N600-k questions

EmilyGP

Hi, I'm a USC living in Colombia. I have recently adopted a 15-year-old after 3+ years of custody and tenure (I'm banking on this counting as "legal and physical custody"). It was a domestic adoption. My husband is not a USC, but that doesn't matter b/c our son can get citizenship through me. We do not currently have plans to move to the US, but I would like to secure his citizenship before he is 18.
From all I've read on USCIS and other sites, I believe N600-k IS the form we need to fill out. (If anyone believes otherwise, PLEASE correct me!)

Since it is all online now, I have a few doubts:
1. Do I leave blank sections that don't apply (i.e. legal guardian info, admission to US (I-94) info, secondary evidence that doesn't apply to our situation...)? OR do I need to type NA in each blank?
2. With regard to evidence we don't have (like the I-94, since we are applying from outside the country), would you recommend that I attach a document stating why we aren't including the information, but that once we arrive for the interview, we will be happy to give them that info? And a document explaining why he doesn't have an A-number, etc?
3. Does he sign it or me? I'm filing for him, my son... but he is over 14. Can we both sign the online form?
4. Once I complete the online form, will I be directed to pay online as well?

5. Does anyone have good legal understanding of the "legal and physical custody" clause for adoptees (neither Hague nor "orphan" adoption)? It makes sense to me that what we had for three years pre-adoption counts, but I'm not a lawyer nor a USCIS official, so making sense to me might not matter much! We were granted "custody and tenure" (June 2017) by a government family services office (meaning, he lived with us and we paid for everything/were responsible for his healthcare and education...BUT were NOT legal guardians.) Later that custody was ratified by a judge when our son was declared adoptable, almost 2 years ago (Feb. 2019). Of course, now that the adoption is finalized we are his parents, but that has just happened (Sept 2020)... not 2 years yet.

6. We are planning to request his interview appointment for June, assuming that we will be able to get him a visa for the purpose of attending his interview by then (with current Covid embassy restrictions, I'll have to request an expedited appointment), and have the interview near my parents' home in NC. Any experience with the Raleigh-Durham office? Or does anyone know how processing times are going at this stage of Covid?

7. One more thing... when they ask about the dates I've BEEN in the US, is it asking for every entry and exit throughout my life? (there are many) OR is it asking for the dates which I LIVED there (pretty straightforward: my first 23 years of life)?

A big thanks to anyone who can shed light on any of these concerns! I would really like to know before spending the $1,170!
Emily

u.s. citizenship and immigration services(USCIS) office that granted my LPR status or location where I was admitted what means this Q?

u.s. citizenship and immigration services(USCIS) office that granted my LPR status or location where I was admitted what means this Q?
satar1977, is your question related to filling out the N600-k form?
If not, I think you can find the information you need by searching for another thread on this forum.