N400 VSC TimeLine

My timeline so far:

- N400 received at VSC on 25th July 2007.

- Cheque cashed on Aug 3rd

No receipt as of today (10th Sept).

Other VSC filers please share your timelines.

Thanks,

S.

If you sent your N400 to VSC (Vermont Service Center). Please post your timelines here - it helps to have the info under one thread.

Thanks!

S.

still waiting..

N400 application sent: 07/29/07 (Sunday)
Check: Not cashed (and don't know if my application will be accepted).

I find the USCIS website updates about receipting times quite useful. Based on these updates the Vermont Service Center made no progress between Aug 31st and Sept 7th (stuck on applications received upto 22nd July). I hope their next update this Friday or Monday will show some progress.

On a related note; the timelines posted by various people agrees more or less with the USCIS dates - in other words, people who's N400's were received by VSC before 22nd July indeed seem to have gotten their NOAs. This gives me reason to trust that the updates and correct. It also underlines the importance for us VSC filers sharing our news, good or bad, to get a true picture of what's going on.

Cheers!

S.

My Time line

Me

Mailed June 23
Received June 25
Check Cashed July 2
NOA August 28
Fingerprinting Sept 11

My Wife

Mailed June 23
Received June 25
Check Cashed July 2
NOA July 9 (approx.)
Fingerprinting Aug 2

My wife and I are being processed 5 weeks apart despite sending in on the same day.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting for Interview Letter...

Waiting for Interview Letter...

N-400 Timeline:
05/19/07: Mailed to VSC
05/21/07: Received at VSC
05/21/07: Priority Date
05/21/07: Receipt Date
06/06/07: Notice Date
06/12/07: Notice Received
06/08/07: FP Notice Date
06/14/07: FP Notice Received
06/23/07: FP Appointment

Why would you start Service center thread? There are already district office threads (e.g. Washington DC) active in this forum. These threads tracks N-400 timeline starting from the day one file N-400 to service centers. These threads are more helpful.

My timeline is as follows:

05/11/07: Mailed to VSC
05/14/07: Priority Date
05/19/07: FP Notice
06/12/07: FP Taken
IL Date?

Still waiting, and waiting...

From what i read in USCIS website, all the service station receive lot of application so their data entry is delayed. You can get the weekly status of data entry time. Following are the details as of Sep 14th.

Vermont Service Center
Form Number Date Received

I-130 7/29/2007
N-400 7/25/2007
All Other Forms 9/4/2007

Finally got NOA and FP notice!

Finally I received both the NOA and the FP notice together on 15th Sept :)

Receipt date 25th July 2007
PD 25th July 2007
FP date 4th Oct 2007

This is entirely consistent with the published dates for VSC on the uscis website - so other late July and August filers follow those weekly updates closely, they are extremely helpful.

One minor point is that the online case status shows a completely wrong receipt date of Aug 1st - not quite sure if I should bring this to the attention of uscis.

Cheers,

S.

For me, the date online was different but it wasn't the date the check was cashed. It still doesn't matter since I had no problems at all. TheBlueGod, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Ok thanks all.

One cautionary note for those who haven't received their NOAs yet is to not trust the number printed on their cashed cheque at all. The ESC number on my cheque had no resemblance to the actual ESC number on my NOA - I have no idea why. But it doesn't matter.

S.

I sent my application to VSC on 20th August. It has been all most a month but no reciept notice and check is not even cashed. Seems like the latest fee increase was just another tactic of USCIS to get money out of Immigrants in the name of better service.

I wish everyone to write to USCIS about their great concern and disappointment on slowing down of process AFTER the fee increase. People should raise their voice by making a valid point that this huge increase in the fees for all kind of applications should have been to improve services and a quicker processing of applications than slowing down the process so drastically. Otherwise, increase in fees doesn't make any sense at all.

I wish everyone to write to USCIS about it without worrying anything. Remember, whenever people do something together, it does get govt attention? For example, many people started filing lawsuit against USCIS across the country two years ago while they were got tired of waiting to hear from USCIS, which made USCIS to pay attention to do something about this. Similarly, it will certainly get their attention this time too if people would start writing to USCIS about their disappointment on slowing process despite of this huge fees increase.

Of course, USCIS will make all kind of excuses such as that they got bombared with high volume of applications in the month of July and etc...but that should not be the excuse to delay the process this long. I mean, 98% of N-400 applications were wrapping up within 3-4 months period until June of this year around the country especially in NYC, but now it's taking at least 6-8 months, which should not be this way especially when USCIS has increased the fees so much. I mean this much increase in the fees should have been for a better and quicker processing than other way around. The problem is in the Service Centers and not in the local district offices.

By writing to USCIS, you will not only do a favor on yourself but also on future applicants who will be grateful to you. Remember, it should be a collective efforts and the attitude of helping each other? I hope that you guys would do the right thing especially when all of you are being helped by other people's efforts on this forum. There is no need to worry from USCIS, nor you should ignore this matter. I've already written to USCIS, and hope you will do the same.

Good luck...

I don't have a sample of the letter that should be sent out to USCIS, but it chould be a simple letter addressing the points that I have mentioned above....like increasing of fees should have improved the services and expedited the process than other way around; otherwise applicants were better off before the hike in fees when a naturalzation application was processing within 3-4 months timeframe in most places especially in NYC district office. But now people are paying so much fees for a shaddy and slower services.

As for the address where the letter should go to, then it should be thru email. I think the email address can be found on USCIS website. Make sure to send the email to all Service Centers than just the one pertaining to yours. With this much huge increase in fees, I think USCIS should have hired extra employees so that people could get the best services and quicker processing than other way around.

I know some people will ignore writing to USCIS. It could be because either they are lazy as they might not think to spend a few minutes of their time on this important matter, or they just don't care about all this, or they are selfish (as most are) because they might already got recipt or scheduled for the appointment, or they are just so scared to tell/write anything to USCIS. But they shouldn't forget that unless USCIS will know how upset and disappointed people are with all this slowing process, USCIS not only will not change their modus operandi but also will continue to do what they are doing despite of sucking big money out of people. In writing, you guys will not only do a favor on yourself, but also on future applicants...Unfortunately, most people are selfish here because they just want to gain help from this forum, but don't want to help others...

Good luck....