N400 VSC TimeLine

Letter campaign to USCIS about frontlog *not* a good idea

Johnny Cash, I don't think it's a good idea to inundate uscis with letters complaining about the slow down of processing after the fee-increase. There is no way that a system wouldn't slow down with over a100,000 N400 applications (not to mention all the other kinds of applications being filed) coming in during the month of July alone. I think they're doing a fine job considering the circumstances. Their response times before July have been quite good, their website updates, and customer relations is much improved. It's just bad timing for those of us (like myself) who've applied in July or soon after.

I'm not saying their entire process is perfect. I feel the frustration of those who are stuck in FBI name check process for years - that's simply unacceptable and that's something where I'd support sending letters to Congress or whoever can make a difference. But the delay due to the fee increase i think would be the wrong fight to pick.

Just my 2c.

S.

If people would follow upon your rational/views to justify slowing process then noone had filed any lawsuit against USCIS so far on delaying in adjudicating the application especially when name check has nothing to do with USCIS at all. Do not forget the fact that bombardment of lawsuits made the USCIS to think hard on delaying the adjudication on an application after the interview. If the people who filed lawsuit against USCIS would have thought the same way like you do, they would have been still waiting after many years to be a US citizen.

And it's not a matter of complaining or fighting with USCIS; rather everyone has a right to raise their voice when they don't get better service upon paying for it than just keeping quiet. For example, if you pay for food, but get rotten one, won't you complain about it especially when you paid for it?? Thus, raising a voice is just a matter of what is right and wrong and standing up for it than anything else.

It doesn't matter why process has been slowed down...it was USCIS job to think and anticipate beforehand about all this flooding of filed-applications when they decided to increase fees. They should have known that many people will try to take advantage of previous fees by filing application before new fees goes in effect. Thus, USCIS had enough time to hire extra workers to deal with high volume of applications, but they didn't. Besides, services should be better and quicker with increase in fees for this much than other way around; otherwise govt. is not delivering the services as it should have been given this much hike in fees.

It doesn't matter to me if people would show the courage to raise their voice or not because I'm not asking this for myself as I'm a natural born US citizen and had practiced immigration laws. I just like to help immigrant community as much I could. I think if people won't raise their voice on this delaying of process after this much hike in fees, then millions of future applicants would stuck in this limbo situation...

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally I hear a different status than pending!

Hi,

It has been almost 7 months every time I called USCIS they told me my status is pending and sometimes for NC and sometimes unknown reasons. Today, I was succesfull to talk with an Immigration Officer instead of Information Officer... He just told me that my case is under review and this note added 5 days ago (should be Sep 14th 2007) and no longer is pending. He also said that once they done their review then they will schedule an interview or let me know what is the their decision.

Did anyone hear anything like this before?

Thanks
Zegon

Finally a receipt! Question for TheBlueGod and newuscitizen

Finally got my receipt today. RD and PD are July 25th. Showed up in Mailbox on Spet 20th.

The BuleGod and newuscitizen, do you guys also have the receipt notice annotaed as

"The above application has been received by our office and is in process, but has been noted with one or more of the following exceptions:

Missing Evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview... You will be notified under a separate notice of the necessary evidence that you will be required to bring to your interview. Do not send any evidence by mail."

Thanks for responding

Congratulations! must be a load off your mind to see the first sign that the application is on track.

Don't worry about the "missing evidence" part. I didn't have that annotation on my receipt, but last year my mother did when she got her receipt notice - she just took a bunch of original documents to her interview (old passports, tax filings..)- and things went very smoothly.

I wouldn't worry about it - just wait for the specific letter to hear about what exactly they want - it may be something silly like wanting new photographs.

Cheers,

S.

Finally got my receipt today. RD and PD are July 25th. Showed up in Mailbox on Spet 20th.

The BuleGod and newuscitizen, do you guys also have the receipt notice annotaed as

"The above application has been received by our office and is in process, but has been noted with one or more of the following exceptions:

Missing Evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview... You will be notified under a separate notice of the necessary evidence that you will be required to bring to your interview. Do not send any evidence by mail."

Thanks for responding