N400 Vermont Center Proc Time

ssoni1234

Hi,

I will greatly appreciate your help. I need to make extremely important travel plans in near future.

Ok, my receipt date is 11/06/2002. I was finger printed in January, 2003. I have been told by INS that my next step will be interview/exam but have not heard anything yet. Of course, on their website, I get the standard status. My local office is Boston.

Anyone can tell me their timeline/little bit of guidance on my case for time it will take based on recent case(s)?

Thanks a lot in advance.

-Sameer

How long are you planning to be out of the country? You are allowed to travel even after filing your N-400, as long as you adhere to the residency requirements. Is there someone who can check your mail for you during your absence?

I am very interested in your timeline and followup because I am also in Boston. When I last checked about a month ago, I was told that it was taking 6-9 months for the whole process, but it took 9 months for most people.

I am planning on a little bit extended stay - have to take care of some personal business that I have waited for a long time. I am tending towards getting citizenship first and then doing so.

If it's going to be an extended trip, it's probably better to wait till your citizenship application is complete before you leave the country.

from my own experience
priorite date june 2002
finger print october 2002
interview march2003
oath april2003
10 months for the entire process ,new jersey ,cherry-hill
good luck to you all!!!

Vermont times

Hello,

My priority date was Oct 30 2003, got my finger prints done on dec 18th and got my letters for interview May 9th. My interview date is in July.

Hope this helps.

Newark NJ

My priority date was May 14th 2003

FP August 23rd

Interview April 30th

It took almost a year for the entire process

Hope it helps.......

Vermont Times

Sorry for the delay;

Following up on an earlier question:
I am out of Boston, MA and my interview date is July 30th