N400 question - citizenship eligibility

kam47

I am applying for my mom's citizenship. She received her GC on 02/01 2014 and completes her 5 years of stay on 02/01/2019. She was out of the country for approximately 140 days (less than 6 months) from August 14th 2015 to Jan 17th 2016 during her continuous stay in US. How soon can she apply for citizenship? Can we go ahead and fill the forms.

I’m preparing to apply for citizenship in the coming months as I will complete my 5 year stay in the US in July 2019. The immigration website states that I can start the process 3 months ahead.
What if I decide to apply now which it will be 6 months before hitting the 5 year stay in the US - will my application be rejected? I surely can wait for another 3 months but I have everything ready and just need to drop the envelope at the post office!

Yes, your application will be rejected if it’s too early. If you complete it online, you won’t be able to submit until the allowed date.

USCIS offer a calculator on their Website, just enter when was your first day as Permanent Resident and it will provide you the exact date that you may apply send your application.